Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1129

Thread: M&P 2.0 Compact - S&W's G19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I’m guessing it’s the barrel then that’s causing accuracy issues with these?
    Lots of stuff posted about this

Seems like it’s a lock up issue that a fitted barrel can fix or S&W could fix by changing machining

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    What’s the current opinion on these?
    My EDC.
    Typically shoot one of my three 5" M&Ps, but I had an unexpected occasion to shoot the other day and it was run what ya brung. IMO a great pistol in a Goldilocks size.

AFAIK, only the 9mm 4.25" models exhibit the early unlocking issue which in-turn affects the accuracy. I dont think ive ever read about the 3.6"/4"/5" models having the issue. If im ignorant here, someone chime in and correct me. The 2.0 improved the accuracy a bit on the 4.25" but its not going to group like say, a Glock Gen 5 if they were benched. The accuracy is still more than acceptable and they are fine weapons. The new flat triggers are actually okay, much better than the curved/hinged trigger they previously used. Were I to start fresh with gun ownership, I would choose a 2.0 4" over a G19.

That being said, if you were to Apex the gun with a barrel (especially a gunsmith fit one) it turns into a pistol with no equal in the polymer pistol world IMO. The Apex trigger is optional but makes the experience so much sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    I dont think ive ever read about the 3.6"/4"/5" models having the issue.
    I will add that the first of my 5" guns I intentionally left internally stock (installed Dawson FO sights) and shot it weekly for a year or more (ETA: went back upthread and realized I shot it for more like three years). Never did any extended range benchrest testing (eyesight it the limiting factor), but I transitioned from a 5" 1911 (that seemed like it was just getting too easy) and the M&P didn't hold me back much if any.

I will admit I am a pretty big fan boy, I have six of them. Other than one Kahr they are the only centerfire striker guns I have.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 05-14-2023 at 09:06 AM.

I am not an authority on this, but my understanding that the early unlocking issue was resolved with the introduction of the 2.0 and the change in barrel twist. Similarly, I believe accuracy is generally considered better than the 1.0. Unfortunately, because the fanboy base for any brand can be so strong, resulting in a lot of negative comments about competing brands, it can be hard to get accurate information off the web. I think one also has to talk about the first gen M&P and the 2.0 as two different guns altogether.

Due to an agency change I have recently had to switch from my P229 to the M&P. Aside from my general dislike of striker-fired triggers, I have no complaints about the M&P, although I would go back to a DA gun in a heartbeat if I could. I have been shooting 3.6, 4.0 and 4.25 M&Ps and accuracy seems fine for a service gun. No aftermarket parts.

Mine seems to lock up well enough. All of my 1.0s wont do this. I'm not going to bother with a Apex barrel but I am putting in an Apex trigger today. The triggers are definitely better than the 1.0 but are still not great. I'm pretty sure a better trigger would have reduced or eliminated this separation.

15 yards, Fed AE 147 FMJ

Name:  IMG_0399.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  29.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I am not an authority on this, but my understanding that the early unlocking issue was resolved with the introduction of the 2.0 and the change in barrel twist. Similarly, I believe accuracy is generally considered better than the 1.0.
    I actually did a comparison shootout between a stock 1.0, a stock 2.0, and an Apex 2.0 using a bench rest. At 15 yards the 1.0 would just have random flyers, the 2.0 produced noticeably smaller groups, and the Apex shots were a ragged hole.

At 20 yards, I have a really hard time getting 2 shots to touch each other with the 1.0 and it looks like I just randomly peppered the target with shots in a 5 inch radius.

I am so sure i had pictures of the results, ill try to find them.

I’m pretty much all in on M&P’s.

I mostly carry a shield 45 or 1.0 M&P9C with a 2.0 compact 15 rd mag with sleeve off duty, and switched to an 1.0 M&P 40 for work (shoots soft for a 40, definitely softer than the Gen 3 and 4 G22 I was issued in the last). I’m mad at myself for selling my old 4.25 9mm Pro Series.

I need to get a 2.0 next.

I played with a M&P metal competitor at the LGS with the new trigger and I was digging that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I am not an authority on this, but my understanding that the early unlocking issue was resolved with the introduction of the 2.0 and the change in barrel twist.
    FWIW, the twist rate was never the problem, it was the same rate of twist used in S&W .38 and .357 revolvers which are almost always quite accurate. The rate of twist was changed due to internet furor.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

I have three now. One is carried for work and general carry. The second is for dry and live practice, and the third is in reserve. One will get milled for an ACRO so I may pick up a fourth.

User Tag List