Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite 9mm training ammo?

Been shooting quite a bit of PMC Bronze 115gr over the past year and a half after hearing Langdon recommend it in class. Super soft-shooting and fairly accurate, and SGA was selling it for stupid cheap for quite a while there. My old go-to for class ammo has been AE9FP 147gr. Not impressed with the recent production stuff—it's a bit hotter and closer in feel to 147gr HST, but it seems like I'm averaging 1-2 dud rounds per case with good primer strikes, which I can't remember ever happening with the older stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    My old go-to for class ammo has been AE9FP 147gr. Not impressed with the recent production stuff—it's a bit hotter and closer in feel to 147gr HST, but it seems like I'm averaging 1-2 dud rounds per case with good primer strikes, which I can't remember ever happening with the older stuff.
    This is concerning considering I still use this ammunition frequently.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    This is concerning considering I still use this ammunition frequently.
    I find it annoying, but considering I only shoot this ammo during practice, it’s not the end of the world.

Funny you say that about the new-manufacture Federal stuff. In the last 400 rounds (2020 manufacture date), I've had 8 duds. Zero in the previous 13,000.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    Funny you say that about the new-manufacture Federal stuff. In the last 400 rounds (2020 manufacture date), I've had 8 duds. Zero in the previous 13,000.
    Federal makes a lot of ammo, what specific ammo are you using?

@Clay1, The same type of ammo the previous user mentioned using... AE9FP.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    @Clay1, The same type of ammo the previous user mentioned using... AE9FP.
    Sorry man, I must be slow today. Just received some Syntech Action Pistol to alleviate some striker impacts that don't go boom with Q4318 (Winchester Nato round). I'm overly sensitive to ammo that doesn't work since it's causing me too many issues at matches and leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Sorry man, I must be slow today. Just received some Syntech Action Pistol to alleviate some striker impacts that don't go boom with Q4318 (Winchester Nato round). I'm overly sensitive to ammo that doesn't work since it's causing me too many issues at matches and leagues.
    No big deal! On Monday, I'll be purchasing a few cases of the 150gr Action Pistol Syntech load for match use as a result of these new lots of AE9FP sucking. I made the mistake of trusting it would be the same old product with a new box, and it cost me at match. A part of me can't help but wonder if it's by design on Federal's part to drop the quality of the AE products to sell more of the "USPSA Official Match Ammo."

I just got in 10 cases of Speer Lawman 147.

I've used this stuff for years and had one bad round that wouldn't light.

I've had most issues with Winchester. White box 115 and their NATO have always had a mangled case mouth, backwards bullets, sideways primer, something in every case.

I have never had an issue with American Eagle or Lawman.

User Tag List