Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Altered Carbon Trailer

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I've been reading the books. Altered Carbon was very good. But as to the sequels, each one has been a little worse than the one before it. I could not get through Woken Furies; halfway through I closed it and it's in the return pile for the library.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Each trailer seems better than the last.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Season 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've been reading the books. Altered Carbon was very good. But as to the sequels, each one has been a little worse than the one before it. I could not get through Woken Furies; halfway through I closed it and it's in the return pile for the library.
    Does it seem like he's writing screenplays now? I enjoyed the hell out of Thirteen by the same author, but Altered Carbon wasn't as good in my opinion.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Does it seem like he's writing screenplays now? I enjoyed the hell out of Thirteen by the same author, but Altered Carbon wasn't as good in my opinion.
    I really enjoyed his novel Market Forces as it is a different type of dystopian future involving the military-industrial complex idea taken to a logical Balkanization.

Binge re-watched season 1 the other day. bring on season 2.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I really enjoyed his novel Market Forces as it is a different type of dystopian future involving the military-industrial complex idea taken to a logical Balkanization.
    Hell yeah, didn't know about that one. Grabbed a Kindle copy.
    #RESIST

It seems like a mash-up of some unused characters from the 1st (Trepp) and 2nd books (Colonel Carrera) with the plot and setting of the 3rd (Harlan's World). I'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Thin Air
    takes place in the same setting as Thirteen. I didn't think it was as good as his other stuff, but if you liked Thirteen you'll probably like Thin Air. Then again, I enjoyed Broken Angels, which is generally considered the weakest of the Kovacs series, but I like military sci-fi.

Goddamn. I did not know about this. And now I have just acquired Netflix. I mean, I was gonna finish watching Man in the High Castle so I could then go read the book, but fuck that. Gonna spend next week shooting guns and binging AC till my fingers and eyes bleed.

LL--Market Forces is pretty decent. I liked the setting more than anything. When the time comes, you will realize that Morgan wants you to be sad at the direction taken. But you shouldn't.

Since you guys also appear to be hard-SC ultraviolence nerds like me, ya'll think the Culture series could be properly translated to a screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Goddamn. I did not know about this. And now I have just acquired Netflix. I mean, I was gonna finish watching Man in the High Castle so I could then go read the book, but fuck that. Gonna spend next week shooting guns and binging AC till my fingers and eyes bleed.
    There isn't much to the Man in the High Castle book and the series diverges considerably (particularly after the first season).

User Tag List