Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 38 Special HST 130gr +P in Organic Gel

I'm new to this forum and just came across this post. Thank you @Tokarev for doing this testing and posting it here. I've been carrying the .38 Spl HSTs since they came out but I've always been a bit skeptical. This reassures me that anything HST is GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Some FDs use a blade like a giant hacksaw to cut windshield glass and it works well while the windshield is in the car. I don't know how many TPI the blade has or if it would work with a windshield not in a frame, but we have some FFs on this forum that might be able to tell you.
    http://www.glasmaster.com/glas_main.html

Looks like a zero-offset blade for smoother cuts.

We often used a reciprocating saw (aka Sawzall) with a demolition blade for auto glass and sheet metal, but we were not concerned about clean cuts.

A grit-edge blade might be worth a try.
    Last edited by peterb; 02-22-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    http://www.glasmaster.com/glas_main.html

Looks like a zero-offset blade for smoother cuts.

We often used a reciprocating saw (aka Sawzall) with a demolition blade for auto glass and sheet metal, but we were not concerned about clean cuts.

A grit-edge blade might be worth a try.
    Glas Master would be great if the salvage yard would let me cut windshields out to take home.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I shot some .38 HST today and it shoots to POA and makes pretty holes. Now I'm waiting for your glass tests.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I shot some .38 HST today and it shoots to POA and makes pretty holes. Now I'm waiting for your glass tests.
    I'll try the load on glass but I'm not expecting impressive results. I don't think this load is really designed for that sort of thing.

Yikes! I wasn't expecting great things but I'd expected better than this.

Three bullets shot against a windshield and light clothing. I used my LCR for these, too. Penetration was only 1 or 2 inches. Each recovered jacket only weighs about 38 grains.

Now I’m really interested in seeing some of the other “proven” .38 rounds against glass....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    Now I’m really interested in seeing some of the other “proven” .38 rounds against glass....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm hoping someone else can try the HST in glass. I'm curious to see other results.

Here's a core I found about ten inches in the block. It was hidden away in the wound channel from a 300BLK 190gr Sub-X. It weighs 75 grains. I seriously doubt it would have gone far had it not made its way into an existing track.

I don't know what happened to the other two cores.

Last edited by Tokarev; 02-24-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I don't know what happened to the other two cores.
    Based on some "sand blasted" car interiors I've seen, probably fragmented and had minimal penetration.

This is why I want bonded bullets, or something similar.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

This is why I want bonded bullets, or something similar.
    I need to get a box of Gold Dot.

User Tag List