Page 46 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The Talon grips made me like the 43 a lot more than I did originally.
    This. Talon rubber grips fixed a lot of my issues with the g43 grip. They make it just enough bigger where it's not like holding on to a toothpick and obviously make it more "grippy" so it rotates less in the hand. It still eats the web of my hand pretty good but otherwise they made the G43 a lot more usable for me. Still prefer the shield but the shield is big enough that it defeats the purpose for me. I mostly use the g43 for pocket or ankle carry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I had, and sold, a G43. To me, it was too small/thin/slick, making it very "squirmy" in recoil.

Part of the problem for me is this - the G43 was much easier to control and shoot than an LCR, but IT'S A GLOCK, so I want it to shoot like my G19 or G26, and when it shoots more like an over-grown LCP, I'm disappointed. Not the pistol's fault, it's just a matter of my unreasonable expectations.

I do wish GLOCK would put the Gen4/5 grip texturing on the Slimline series - I think it would make the pistols light years easier to shoot at speed.

Having said all that, and hating myself for even saying it, the P365 does everything better than the G43, in a package that's even smaller than the GLOCK. If the P365 weren't made by Sig, with all the issues that brings regarding QC of internal components, distaste for the company's ethics, etc, it would be my absolute "go to" for a very small 9mm. At this point, I'm back to just a G19 and G26, and desperately fighting the temptation to get another P365 (which makes the G26 look and feel positively full sized!).
    As @OlongJohnson said, a P365 with a P250 action would be an awesome gun. Now my words, especially if made by someone other than Sig.

Did you try Talon grips of the G43?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    As @OlongJohnson said, a P365 with a P250 action would be an awesome gun. Now my words, especially if made by someone other than Sig.

Did you try Talon grips of the G43?
    I did, the rubber grips. It helped a tiny bit, but not enough to make me want to stick with the platform. Too many options out there to stick with something that doesn't really "work" for you...

Site Supporter
    I did, the rubber grips. It helped a tiny bit, but not enough to make me want to stick with the platform. Too many options out there to stick with something that doesn't really "work" for you...

You are right about that!

I had, and sold, a G43. To me, it was too small/thin/slick, making it very "squirmy" in recoil.

Part of the problem for me is this - the G43 was much easier to control and shoot than an LCR, but IT'S A GLOCK, so I want it to shoot like my G19 or G26, and when it shoots more like an over-grown LCP, I'm disappointed. Not the pistol's fault, it's just a matter of my unreasonable expectations.

I do wish GLOCK would put the Gen4/5 grip texturing on the Slimline series - I think it would make the pistols light years easier to shoot at speed.

Having said all that, and hating myself for even saying it, the P365 does everything better than the G43, in a package that's even smaller than the GLOCK. If the P365 weren't made by Sig, with all the issues that brings regarding QC of internal components, distaste for the company's ethics, etc, it would be my absolute "go to" for a very small 9mm. At this point, I'm back to just a G19 and G26, and desperately fighting the temptation to get another P365 (which makes the G26 look and feel positively full sized!).
    Which would you say you shoot better though...G26 or P365? For years I poo-poo'd the G26 and didn't like the idea of my finger hanging off the bottom. I wouldn't even consider one until finally, last year I put a few rounds through a friends. I was very surprised at how well I could shoot it with regards to accuracy and recoil control. Then after a year of looking for the right deal on a used one, I finally picked one up and I'm still surprised every time I shoot it.
    Last edited by Redhat; 05-22-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Which would you say you shoot better though...G26 or P365? For years I poo-poo'd the G26 and didn't like the idea of my finger handing off the bottom. I wouldn't even consider one until finally, last year I put a few rounds through a friends. I was very surprised at how well I could shoot it with regards to accuracy and recoil control. Then after a year of looking for the right deal on a used one, I finally picked one up and I'm still surprised every time I shoot it.
    If I want to SHOOT, I'll take the G26. No question it's easier to shoot well at speed, and more comfortable for extended sessions. But the P365 still shoots on par accuracy wise, and is SO MUCH easier to carry/conceal. I can tuck the P365 in a FIST holster inside the waistband of gym shorts with no problem, or put it in a large pocket. For me, the G26 won't do either of those things. And, as so many people have said, if you could tuck a P250ish DAO trigger in there, and have it built by CZ, it would be the "one gun to rule them all."

In the G26/P365 comparison, it's a question of what is more important to you - the ease of carry/concealment, or the increased recoil reduction and control.

Site Supporter
    If I want to SHOOT, I'll take the G26. No question it's easier to shoot well at speed, and more comfortable for extended sessions. But the P365 still shoots on par accuracy wise, and is SO MUCH easier to carry/conceal. I can tuck the P365 in a FIST holster inside the waistband of gym shorts with no problem, or put it in a large pocket. For me, the G26 won't do either of those things. And, as so many people have said, if you could tuck a P250ish DAO trigger in there, and have it built by CZ, it would be the "one gun to rule them all."

In the G26/P365 comparison, it's a question of what is more important to you - the ease of carry/concealment, or the increased recoil reduction and control.

Dude you're right about the CZ thing!

I wish CZ had made a P-07 single stack before they built the P10.

For me, "shootability" is King, concealability is secondary...within reason. Of course like most others, I'm searching for that "one gun to rule them all" too. Pretty sure such a gun doesn't exist, but I keep looking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    For me, "shootability" is King, concealability is secondary...within reason. Of course like most others, I'm searching for that "one gun to rule them all" too. Pretty sure such a gun doesn't exist, but I keep looking anyway.
    Everything is a compromise. For me, reliability is king. That is the mechanical component that I cannot control.

You can handle and shoot any gun well if you put the work in.

Seriously, too many people lose sleep over chasing the next best thing. Just pick one and roll with it; but, make it one that is reliable and one you want to carry in 90 degree weather or you’ll leave it home.

Since I purchased my first in 1995 or 96, the 26 has come closest to being the Swiss Army Knife of firearms for me. There's just not a role it doesn't play well, imho.

I will admit that in and around the house, a 642 gets the nod for convenience. Everywhere else...the 26 rules the day.

Now that I have the SCD installed on the new one as of yesterday evening, I'm just waiting on a couple of the OEM 12's to arrive on Tuesday. Then it'll be time to get 'er our out for some quality time at the neighbor range. I'm excited to see how it performs based upon the reports from @GAP and @TC215.

(Given that TC and I bought ours from the same LE dealer and the serial numbers are only two digits apart, I'm expecting like performance out of it.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List