Page 38 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

@Redhat, GL-212T-180-OR-C front mated to GL-417. With @GAP putting up such great targets I saw no reason to deviated from his choice, save for my preference of an all black rear.

Be aware of the description issue if you're ordering online:

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    You're correct, Ameriglo's site links the descriptions backwards between orange and green once you add them to your cart...called them to double check and they're aware of the issue, just haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You’re pretty wired in. Have you ever heard rumbles of one?
    Other priorities currently.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I picked up a lightly used G26.5 last night. It appears to be an early one, as it does not have front serrations or the breech face cut. It came with some aftermarket controls that I don't care for so I put it back to it's stock configuration. The magazines have been altered so I only have one stock OEM magazine with the flat floorplate. It also came with three Magpul mags. I had no problem with any of the magazines in the first 100 rounds. Still, I will be ordering some unaltered factory mags.

Seems to shoot fine. This was 50 rounds of 115 AE on the head, 50 rounds of 147 AE on the lower A. 7 yards. I can't see iron sights indoors worth a crap, so it was a matter of aligning a bunch of fuzzy bumps and pressing the trigger clean. Still felt pretty easy. If I could see I might be able to tighten the group a bit.

The rear sight is way off to the left in the dovetail. It shows on the target.

Name:  IMG_3424.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  20.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I picked up a lightly used G26.5 last night. It appears to be an early one, as it does not have front serrations or the breech face cut. It came with some aftermarket controls that I don't care for so I put it back to it's stock configuration. The magazines have been altered so I only have one stock OEM magazine with the flat floorplate. It also came with three Magpul mags. I had no problem with any of the magazines in the first 100 rounds. Still, I will be ordering some unaltered factory mags.

Seems to shoot fine. This was 50 rounds of 115 AE on the head, 50 rounds of 147 AE on the lower A. 7 yards. I can't see iron sights indoors worth a crap, so it was a matter of aligning a bunch of fuzzy bumps and pressing the trigger clean. Still felt pretty easy. If I could see I might be able to tighten the group a bit.

The rear sight is way off to the left in the dovetail. It shows on the target.

Name:  IMG_3424.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  20.0 KB
    Seems like it groups okay though. Are you going to switch to more suitable irons or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Seems like it groups okay though. Are you going to switch to more suitable irons or something else?
    There are no irons suitable enough for my eyes. If I like it enough to keep it, it will eventually get milled for an optic.

Next trip to the eye doc I will see if they can build me some glasses that will allow me to see the sights without tipping my head way back.

There are no irons suitable enough for my eyes. If I like it enough to keep it, it will eventually get milled for an optic.

Next trip to the eye doc I will see if they can build me some glasses that will allow me to see the sights without tipping my head way back.
    Right now I'm okay using a bright front sight sitting in a wide rear notch but I may be heading down the same road...even had a post a while back asking about doing that very thing.

I am in a similar boat. There’s a company called SSP Eyeware that makes shooting glasses with your prescription in the top portion of the glasses. The cost wasn’t that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I am in a similar boat. There’s a company called SSP Eyeware that makes shooting glasses with your prescription in the top portion of the glasses. The cost wasn’t that bad.
    I have a set of those. For my face, the correction area is too high. What a great idea though!!

Leading this thread further off topic, I've tried about every solution to the "I'm really near-sighted, have a ton of correction, and can't see anything on top of the pistol through my corrective lenses but fuzzy blobs" problem.

These include:

Flip-down corrective lenses (available inexpensively at fly fishing shops), and just one of those (removing the other) on the master eye.

Master eye only lens corrected to front sight sharpness (entire lens and just top half).

Stick-on "readers".

Various iron combos, the best (although not good enough for me) is a fiber optic front combined with a wider rear notch. Of course, that's only good in daylight.

Others . . .

The only solution I've found that really works is a red dot. I can use my regular prescription lenses, the dot is sharp, the target is sharp (that being relative, as even with the "best" correction, age is taking its toll), my brain doesn't have to make my eyes focus on the front sight. It's the best of a not-too-good situation, and the greater the distance, the more apparent the benefits.

Oh, and a wider window helps, for me at least (e.g., SRO vs. RMR).

Anyone have G26.5 with an optic? Pics?

User Tag List