Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

Trijicon SRO--Anyone else had problems?

I have contact Trijicon and await a shipping label...

I received my 2.5 moa SRO just a few weeks ago. I promptly mounted it to a Glock 19 MOS slide and proceeded to dry fire with it. Right off the bat I noticed that the "-" button was very difficult to use. It seemed hard to press with no tactile feedback. It sort of "smooshed" rather than "clicked." As a result, I seemed to be putting the optic into one of the various modes.

Anyway, I haven't used the optic in live fire yet and wanted to change that. I pulled the pistol out this morning with the intention of going to the range but found the optic is dead. Pushing either button independently or at the same time does nothing. I changed the battery and it still would come on.

Not a good way to start my week!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have contact Trijicon and await a shipping label...

I received my 2.5 moa SRO just a few weeks ago. I promptly mounted it to a Glock 19 MOS slide and proceeded to dry fire with it. Right off the bat I noticed that the "-" button was very difficult to use. It seemed hard to press with no tactile feedback. It sort of "smooshed" rather than "clicked." As a result, I seemed to be putting the optic into one of the various modes.

Anyway, I haven't used the optic in live fire yet and wanted to change that. I pulled the pistol out this morning with the intention of going to the range but found the optic is dead. Pushing either button independently or at the same time does nothing. I changed the battery and it still would come on.

Not a good way to start my week!

The manual is not in front of me, but don’t you have to press the plus and minus to put it in one of the modes? Every SRO we have, the the plus and minus buttons are stiff. On the Romeo 3 Max, they are too sensitive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

According to the manual the unit is turned on by pressing either button.

Automatic mode is press and release both buttons for less than a second and release.

Lockout mode press both buttons less than 3 seconds.

Lockin mode is set to the desired level then press either button for 3 seconds.

Site Supporter
    I turned mine on and I am confused by their button process. Mine is in automatic mode and it is working well. Leaving as-is for now.

Answering thread title question: YES

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ted-RDS/page50

To the point where I've decided to focus solely on irons for a good long while. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ADK View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ted-RDS/page50

To the point where I've decided to focus solely on irons for a good long while. . . .
    Thanks for linking your experiences.

I like the idea of the pistol mounted red dot but it looks like technology still hasn't caught up with the concept.

My SRO is on its way back to Trijicon now. It might just end up on eBay or Gunbroker upon its return....

I like the idea of the pistol mounted red dot but it looks like technology still hasn't caught up with the concept.

My SRO is on its way back to Trijicon now. It might just end up on eBay or Gunbroker upon its return....

If you want to offload that POS cheap, ill give you $200. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by robertwil18 View Post
    If you want to offload that POS cheap, ill give you $200. hahaha
    Sounds good.

Shipping and handling will be $250.

Or it could be that the concept is pretty much ready and your sample size of one just wasn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Or it could be that the concept is pretty much ready and your sample size of one just wasn't great.
    Given we have pages and pages of broken dot discussion and dissection on this site, I think "not ready" is a fair determination. When GJM and his wife can go a year using any of the top brands (say Leupold, Trijicon, and Aimpoint) and not break one, to me that means "ready". You may have a more flexible definition of ready.

User Tag List