Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: "Knives don't work well and you will go to prison no matter what!"

Site Supporter
    Man if a sap or jack were legal in IL I'd be looking for one yesterday.

As it stands, my thoughts on knives are mostly regarding their utility, but my BJJ gym was drilling some knife defense from guard and I found it involved a lot of trying to tie up the arms and not get stabbed a lot. It's tough to handle a knife from an unarmed perspective, and as a weapon I can see where it can augment a skilled grappler's toolbox.

Although I can't think of a lot of times where getting a dude in side control and stabbing him will play well in court, if he is trying to cave my face in with a rock or a bottle from my guard and I have to stab him a few times so I can stand up and get away...it'll have to do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There are various coin purses (Green Man Leather might be where I'd look); that can easily hold the change you need to effectively use public transit within an urban environment. I like to carry cash in a coin purse with a retention strap, that makes it so you can easily hold onto it. Keeps you from being pick-pocketed. A good traveler and explorer never leaves home without cash. Coin form is quite convenient for buses, soda machines, condom machines, etc, but you can also easily put some bills in there too.

A small draw string sack of coins makes an excellent improvised sap if you have to fly or go someplace that you absolutely can't carry a weapon.

Padlock and strap, sock/bag and any hard heavy object etc....

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Padlock and strap, sock/bag and any hard heavy object etc....
    'Unbreakable' umbrella
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    'Unbreakable' umbrella
    Has anyone tried one of these? I like the unbreakable part but the degree of flexibility leaves me skeptical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Walking sticks are legal everywhere in the US, even on airplanes, and are covered by the ADA as medical devices. A heavy stick weighing a solid pound or more makes a ferocious weapon in trained hands.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Black Belt View Post
    Walking sticks are legal everywhere in the US, even on airplanes, and are covered by the ADA as medical devices. A heavy stick weighing a solid pound or more makes a ferocious weapon in trained hands.
    I recently ordered a Cold Steel City Stick for exactly that reason. However, I hope it will be at least another 3 decades before I look like I need a cane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I recently ordered a Cold Steel City Stick for exactly that reason. However, I hope it will be at least another 3 decades before I look like I need a cane.
    It does not matter what you "look like" walking sticks are legal everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Black Belt View Post
    It does not matter what you "look like" walking sticks are legal everywhere.
    I think he’s saying he hopes he doesn’t look he needs a cane for at least 3 decades.

User Tag List