Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAR: Centrifuge Training (Will Petty) VCQB, Alliance, OH 6/29-30/19

AAR: Centrifuge Training (Will Petty) VCQB, Alliance, OH 6/29-30/19

For your reading pleasure. Feel free to ask questions here, as I'll be checking back.

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...oh-6-29-30-19/

And my blog partner (@LJP) shared his own thoughts about this same class here:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...ne-29-30-2019/

Good review.

Will did 2 VCQB instructor classes at our range a few years back. I'm still pissed that I was not able to attend either.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Good review.

Will did 2 VCQB instructor classes at our range a few years back. I'm still pissed that I was not able to attend either.
    Lon, your range in Xenia would've been an awesome venue for this class. And I'd prefer getting down on that nice grass than gravel! Find your way into one of these. Really tight course.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Lon, your range in Xenia would've been an awesome venue for this class. And I'd prefer getting down on that nice grass than gravel! Find your way into one of these. Really tight course.
    I agree. The grass is nice. PITA to clean up after, though.

Will used to have a relationship w/ the guys at 88 Tactical and the OTOA. That relationship soured for some reason. I got to go to 88 Tacticals version of VCQB in ‘17. We held it at our range. Was very similar to your experience from the AAR. We’ve got 2 Petty trained VCQB instructors at the PD so we do in service training w cars every other year.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I agree. The grass is nice. PITA to clean up after, though.

Will used to have a relationship w/ the guys at 88 Tactical and the OTOA. That relationship soured for some reason. I got to go to 88 Tacticals version of VCQB in ‘17. We held it at our range. Was very similar to your experience from the AAR. We’ve got 2 Petty trained VCQB instructors at the PD so we do in service training w cars every other year.
    Yes, if you hosted him twice for instructor classes it makes sense that you'd now have "certified" instructors on your force. From what I recall meeting you and the other guys from your dept at Givens' Instructor class a year ago (I was the short school teacher and Top Gun of the class), your dept seemed very pro-active--for lack of a better term--with training. For that I commend you and the other decision/policy makers in your dept.

Keep at it and stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Yes, if you hosted him twice for instructor classes it makes sense that you'd now have "certified" instructors on your force. From what I recall meeting you and the other guys from your dept at Givens' Instructor class a year ago (I was the short school teacher and Top Gun of the class), your dept seemed very pro-active--for lack of a better term--with training. For that I commend you and the other decision/policy makers in your dept.

Keep at it and stay safe!
    I remember you. Glad to know you’re on PF. I’ve got 3 more guys in Tom’s class this year. We try to keep on top of things and our Chief is very supportive of training.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Thank you for both of those. I appreciate you pointing out the contextual basis of Will's material.

**full disclosure: I’m a Centrifuge certified VCQB instructor**

Will has done more in my opinion to make us safer as LEO’s than most with his curriculum. Thankfully lots of fed, state, and local agencies are getting on board with the program. I highly encourage anyone who has the chance to take a class.

I always get a kick out of seeing students’ faces when the vehicle pillars stop 5.56, .308, and 12ga slugs cold.

Hammertime
    Thanks for the AAR. The bullet stopping power of the A, B and C pillars is impressive. It must be the High strength steel auto manufacturers are using in the structure of more modern safety conscious cars.

User Tag List