Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel better about Superbowl security

1) fuck the super bowl
    2) ST1100 has been a dream bike for me, if I ever get back into riding
    3) Gold Wing can tow cars.

That is all.

https://youtu.be/EiojZ7HfCWo
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    1) fuck the super bowl
    2) ST1100 has been a dream bike for me, if I ever get back into riding
    3) Gold Wing can tow cars.

That is all.

https://youtu.be/EiojZ7HfCWo
    Hate to get stuck behind that at a traffic light

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Hate to get stuck behind that at a traffic light
    I would expect that it would be used in tandem with a regular tow truck. Use the bike to get to whatever is clogging up traffic, and move it off the roadway on to a side road, then let a full tow truck take over. At least that's how I'd do it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

"If I may be permitted the liberty of saying so, that's a Torquey Mother. I'm sure you'll agree."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Iirc there are some west coast departments that have been using regular 650 dual sports
    I think one thing BMW has done that makes an easier conversion might be electrical output, though the available LED lights probably makes that less of an issue now.

Funny this comes up after I have spent a few days obsessing over a Honda CB500x (very similar configuration), thinking no big road trips are in my near future and I might like something lighter than my FZ-1.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 02-02-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What does POTUS in West Palm Beach, and any security/LE assets in place there, have to do with cops in Miami resourcing an NSSE appropriately for moving quickly across a stadium to respond to a threat?

They're 70 miles apart.
    I should have said assets in place "in Miami". As I'm sure you are aware, the security for the event is extreme and there are national level assets in place there. You've seen this type of setup, and no one is depending on three guys to race around the stadium.

Lighten the fuck up, Francis.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's a proven concept, I don't understand the snide.
    Might be a proven concepts in far away lands but definitely not here. I was a motorman for 7 years before I promoted and the culture of police motorcycles and what they are supposed to do here is pretty much set in stone. Every once in a while someone will get a wild hair up their ass and try to implement something new but it usually goes nowhere. That's why we're still wearing cavalry horse gear from the 1800's and passing that off as riding gear.

Site Supporter
    It’s not a bad idea if they actually get used and are not a dog and pony show. My department tried to get harleys again about 2010 but it got shot down because somebody remembered that one guy who in 1970s kept getting hurt on the Dept Harley. We had bicycles but they hardly got used. A dual purpose motorcycle would have been a good choice for our jurisdiction

Site Supporter
    @AMC might be better able to speak to it but San Francisco PD has had Officers on dirt bikes to get around in hills, crowds and generally places other vehicles can’t go when on foot is too slow for many years. It’s been pretty successful AFAIK.

I’m not a bike guy but wouldn’t a dirt bike type be more versatile than the sport bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    @AMC might be better able to speak to it but San Francisco PD has had Officers on dirt bikes to get around in hills, crowds and generally places other vehicles can’t go when on foot is too slow for many years. It’s been pretty successful AFAIK.

I’m not a bike guy but wouldn’t a dirt bike type be more versatile than the sport bikes?

User Tag List