Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Mallet: Mallet vs PPQ

While you comedians carry on like this is GD, I am busy shooting my PPQ/Q5 pistols daily.

This would be funny if it was entitled "VP9," but it hurts more when it is your favorite shooting platform.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While you comedians carry on like this is GD, I am busy shooting my PPQ/Q5 pistols daily.

This would be funny if it was entitled "VP9," but it hurts more when it is your favorite shooting platform.

So much truth here. The Walther mallet thread dies an early death via jokes and memes, but the HK thread went 16 pages and got locked because it caused excessive amounts of butthurt and cardiac infarctions.

Keep the Walther dream alive George!!!

ETA: Before anyone flips their wig and passes out about my HK comment, my daily driver is a 9mm compact 1911, and I wouldn't dare hit it with a mallet because I'm quite sure something undesirable would happen. Frankly, I'm getting curious how many pistol designs would fall to Das Mallet at this point. Maybe we start a new sticky next to the 2k challenge. lol
    Last edited by StraitR; 07-25-2017 at 07:36 PM. Reason: correct number of HK pages

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    So much truth here. The Walther mallet thread dies an early death via jokes and memes, but the HK thread went 16 pages and got locked because it caused excessive amounts of butthurt and cardiac infarctions.

Keep the Walther dream alive George!!!

ETA: Before anyone flips their wig and passes out about my HK comment, my daily driver is a 9mm compact 1911, and I wouldn't dare hit it with a mallet because I'm quite sure something undesirable would happen. Frankly, I'm getting curious how many pistol designs would fall to Das Mallet at this point. Maybe we start a new sticky next to the 2k challenge. lol
    Wait, you're serious about a whack to your 1911 screwing something up?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Well, at least the thread has provided a bit of insight into the mallety malady.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Wait, you're serious about a whack to your 1911 screwing something up?

While I don't want to stray too far off topic here, yeah, I can see a sharp whack on the bottom of the grip (MSH) making the sear hop the hammer hook. Could even compress the MSH spring if sharp enough and possible shear the sear nose. I'm not saying it would AD, might get caught by half-cock notch, but it would at the very least be a dead trigger at that point if it went unnoticed. Honestly, who knows. And then the whole "1911" generalization thing comes in to play, unlike a VP9 or PPQ where one manufacturer is making one model with X amount of production variation.

2017 could possibly go down as the year PF members lost their marbles whacking guns with mallets.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    While I don't want to stray too far off topic here, yeah, I can see a sharp whack on the bottom of the grip (MSH) making the sear hop the hammer hook. Could even compress the MSH spring if sharp enough and possible shear the sear nose. I'm not saying it would AD, might get caught by half-cock notch, but it would at the very least be a dead trigger at that point if it went unnoticed. Honestly, who knows. And then the whole "1911" generalization thing comes in to play, unlike a VP9 or PPQ where one manufacturer is making one model with X amount of production variation.

2017 could possibly go down as the year PF members lost their marbles whacking guns with mallets.
    Could be the next YouTube Torture test video sensation!

LOL. I can see that. "Will it Whack?'

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar

I wish I could shoot my pistols daily. But on a comedian's salary? Fuggedaboutit!
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

I just tested a bunch of my firearms with thoughtful use of the mallet, and this what I found:

1) NIB Glock 17, and the rear sight moved right in dovetail, and now it shoots straight.

2) S&W N frame, and the adjustable rear sight fell off and factory lock moved to the "locked" position.

3) VP9, and it appeared to look more susceptable to sand and mud.

4) Beretta PX4 Compact, and Ernest Langdon got a thrill up his leg, and 86 more people posted in that thread.

4) M&P9, and the barrel seemed to seat better, similar to what is it, the fifth or sixth fix to accuracy by Apex.

5) the CZ P10-C and it became even more sexy.

6) the Beretta 1301, all the shotshells fell out, and that Adam guy promised a fix next week.

7) my Benelli M2, and oddly just my shoulder hurt.

8) my Wilson single stack 9mm, actually I was afraid to hit it hard, because it cost so much.

9) my PPQ, but I just called it good without checking the striker, as I like it so much.

10) my USP, and not a damn thing happened, other than it looked more like something SeanM would carry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

^^^^ post of the year.

User Tag List