Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Input Requested: Ditch Glock 19 for G45?

Input Requested: Ditch Glock 19 for G45?

I recently got a G45 (the 9mm), and I like it tremendously over the G19. Better grip from AIWB, feels better in my hand, +2 capacity, it's all that and a bag of peanuts. Plus I'm able to conceal it.

My question is: since I can conceal the G17 length grip, should I ditch the G19 and roll with the G45 exclusively? Or would that be foolish?

I've got 2 G19's (both gen5, one an MOS) I'm thinking of trading for a pair of G45's.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I may have said this on PF before, but I found I could conceal the 19X/G45 as well as a 19 because I could wear the larger frame lower and still draw it reasonably well. The 19 needed to be worn higher to allow me an acceptable grip on the draw, which negated the size advantage of the 19.

A possible suggestion would be to chop the 19 to 26 length, so you could use ten round standard capacity magazines where required by law, or for a smaller profile on special occasions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interesting about the G19. I haven't experienced that myself, or I didn't pick up on it.

I do have a G43x (wish I had gotten the 48) that I would use in place of a G26 sized Glock. Unless the G26 has a special benefit I'm not seeing.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I may have said this on PF before, but I found I could conceal the 19X/G45 as well as a 19 because I could wear the larger frame lower and still draw it reasonably well. The 19 needed to be worn higher to allow me an acceptable grip on the draw, which negated the size advantage of the 19.
    My experience as well, and seen in others.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I like GJM’s thinking. I often hear that some people shoot one better than the other; I myself shoot a 17 length frame much, much better than 19. You should compare them in that sense too.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    My question is: since I can conceal the G17 length grip, should I ditch the G19 and roll with the G45 exclusively? Or would that be foolish?
    Do you only conceal in these garments, and if not then how does the G45 do in those other garments?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I shot the 19x better than my 19. The reloads were faster as well. For me I sadly sold the 19x over the 19 for the fact that it did not conceal better iwb for me. If it had, that would have been the direction I had taken.

If you can I would suggest always keeping a 19 for the fact that in certain circumstances it will conceal better. And it is just a damn good gun to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    @Jay585 - Your beltline in the bottom picture freaked me out for a second until I realized that it was the bevel in the mirror.

If you can hide the larger gun as well then there's no need to keep the 19's. Just make sure the 45 conceals well with all of your clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I have a Gen 4 Glock 19 and 2 Glock 45s. I think the Glock 45 is a better all around gun for me. The 45 feels better in my hand and the trigger pull of the 45 is much better than my Glock 19. I would definitely go with the 45 as my edc.

As I mentioned in another post, I still edc my 19 because my 45s were claimed by my twins as their IDPA guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

User Tag List