Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Does anyone make production knives similar to Halloran's offerings (particularly the obviously grippy handle designs)?
    The Boker Plus Mosier looks like a production version based off a Mosier design. But be good to yourself and buy the real deal Halloran or Mosier. Buy once cry once.
    Last edited by KCBRUIN; 12-28-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
    The Boker Plus Mosier looks like a production version based off a Mosier design. But be good to yourself and buy the real deal Halloran or Mosier. Buy once cry once.
    Cost isn't really the issue; the prices seem downright reasonable for the quality. I just get itchy with custom stuff that I couldn't immediately replace if I needed to or involve waiting in line for emails and the phrase "huge backlog".
    Last edited by TheRoland; 12-28-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Old school Bud Nealy...

Name:  nealy3.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  13.7 KB

Name:  NealyWorden1.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  NealyWorden2.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  35.7 KB

Brian Tighe

Name:  Tighe.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  35.6 KB
    Last edited by blues; 12-28-2016 at 09:16 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Cost isn't really the issue; the prices seem downright reasonable for the quality. I just get itchy with custom stuff that I couldn't immediately replace if I needed to or involve waiting in line for emails and the phrase "huge backlog".
    I get emails from Halloran pretty regularly with available knives. The Boker is probably a darn good copy of Mosier's original. Buy two and your set!

Pic thread

Last edited by KCBRUIN; 12-28-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Serious knife envy!!!!!

So I'm starting to reconsider the clinch pick. I always carry a folder so it makes sense to get a defensive blade for those times I can't carry a firearm. Also, I got a gift card to Amazon which means I could have it in a couple days lol
    The Spyderco Reverse is also an excellent option in the same weight class.

KCBRUIN makes a good suggestion on the Yojimbo fixed blade, too. The Street Beat is good if you want a more traditional fighting style.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    I'm not committed to a certain mode of carry. Although I think having a couple sheaths would serve me well. When I am at work I wear a uniform with a tucked in shirt so having a tuckable sheath would be ideal. I would also like to carry it in places like church in which a gun isn't allowed but I usually wear an untucked shirt.

Lastly if I get one I would want to carry it while I'm carrying a pistol aiwb. I like the idea of having a knife that can be used for everyday tasks so I don't know if a cp would suit me well.
    I was speaking less to carry as that will largely be the same. How the knife is used and what knife will be used is the bigger factor.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    The Spyderco Reverse is also an excellent option in the same weight class.

KCBRUIN makes a good suggestion on the Yojimbo fixed blade, too. The Street Beat is good if you want a more traditional fighting style.
    The fixed blade Yojimbo is the Ronin I believe if you go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
    The fixed blade Yojimbo is the Ronin I believe if you go that route.
    Correct. The Ronin is an old, no longer made Spyderco fixed blade that came with a synthetic sheath.

The Yojimbo is the folder. There is now a Yojimbo 2, but I like the ergos on the old one better.

The Ronin does lend itself quite well to pocket or neck carry.

There's a Ronin 2 now that's still available.

You could land a plane on that sheath.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List