Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Received my Shield Plus back from Smith & Wesson. 22 days total from the time I shipped it to receiving it back. Firing Pin spring was replaced and it’s good to go now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Do you still prefer a boresight P365xl? I feel like I seen you mention that in another thread.
    Here is a 365 I just put together.

Name:  F19055DE-2E48-440F-96F7-71CEA057CC0A.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  94.8 KB

And some fam after I got it zeroed (which took just a few rounds to refine the Wheeler laser zero).

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A local shop had these for $5 more than the LE price from the nearest distributor, after shipping, so I snagged one late last week. Took it to the range with me this week, and, during breaks, got to shoot about 500 rounds through it.

Overall I'm extremely impressed. I've owned a P365, P365XL, G43, and G43X, and, of the bunch, I think I've finally found my "little" gun.

The grip is much more comfortable in my hand than the G43, which is too thin; the 365/XL which FEEL great, but are very "round" and get squirmy in rapid fire; or the 43X, which feels good in the hand but is very squirmy. The stippling on the Shield Plus is just about perfect, and the slightly long front-to-rear shape of the frame really anchors the gun in my hands.

The trigger is the best of the bunch, by a stretch - not as light as the 365/XL, but much crisper, which I find to be a better solution. The trigger shape is about perfect, where the 365XL's straight trigger sits very far forward at rest, leading is a very long feeling pull, the Plus has less "springy" take up and breaks much cleaner (the 365/XL just feels mushy). Neither Glock trigger, while workable, are anywhere near as "nice" out of the box as the new Shield's.

The pistol is the softest shooting of the bunch, which really surprised me, given it's short barrel. Very easy to control in speed-focused drills. Sights are OK, for what they are - already ordered Ameriglo Hacks to replace the factories.

Pistol fits in a Raven Perun for an "old" Shield just fine, same same with the FIST #1K IWB I had in the drawer from my dearly departed older Shield.

Anyone gronked out what magazine pouches work for this interestingly shaped mag? Kytex is my go to for general carry and range use, but they're not making pouches for this model yet.

I took the opportunity to do a few dry presses with a 4 inch optic model at the lgs. I was happy with the regular mp triggers but i think i like this one even more than the curved one. Hopefully it makes it's way to the fullsize guns as well.

If i find myself in the need for a thin small gun, I'll probably grab one of these to try. Hard to say without firing, obviously, but from initial handling it seems like it would be my preferred gun in that category.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I took the opportunity to do a few dry presses with a 4 inch optic model at the lgs. I was happy with the regular mp triggers but i think i like this one even more than the curved one. Hopefully it makes it's way to the fullsize guns as well.

If i find myself in the need for a thin small gun, I'll probably grab one of these to try. Hard to say without firing, obviously, but from initial handling it seems like it would be my preferred gun in that category.
    I have the same opinion after handling and dry firing a 4" version at a LGS.

Very nice trigger. I wish my G48 trigger was as nice.

Quick question for those that have or checked out the 4" Shields. Do they use the same RSA as the regular length Shield or is it full length?

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Quick question for those that have or checked out the 4" Shields. Do they use the same RSA as the regular length Shield or is it full length?
    Full

Name:  F1C8FCDC-28DA-4A26-BFA9-904AE8C188F9.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  43.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Just spare magazines.
    Just added to my cart successfully.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/h...ampaign=Itwine
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Full

Name:  F1C8FCDC-28DA-4A26-BFA9-904AE8C188F9.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  43.6 KB
    Negative, that is a RSA for a 2.0 compact (orange), not a fullsize gun (blue).

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Negative, that is a RSA for a 2.0 compact (orange), not a fullsize gun (blue).
    I think we have a nomenclature issue. By “full,” I mean that the Shield four inch RSA is scaled for a four inch barrel, and different than the RSA for the 3.1 inch Shield. This is unlike the 43X/48, which use the same length RSA.

Here are a variety of slides, from left to right:

Five inch CORE, 4.25 CORE, 3.1 Shield Plus, four inch Shield Plus, four inch 2.0 Compact, and 3.6 inch 2.0 Compact.

Name:  50F7E41A-FAC7-4086-A642-3D469AF4ABF6.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  75.7 KB

And, a close-up of the 3.1 and 4 inch Shield Plus slides.

Name:  51D61F5D-4CCC-4DB4-BAC5-CD814457A899.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  78.0 KB
    Last edited by GJM; 05-16-2021 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Add second photo

User Tag List