Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Without Remorse trailer, being released April 30th

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Jodie-Turner-Smith (Greer) does not strike me as unathletic at all.
    Kind of like how people start blowing a head gasket when Idris Elba gets traction as the next James Bond.
    Unathletic -- Athletic -- Navy SEAL. It's a very wide continuum between each of those.

Idris Elba would make a great Bond. He's a lot more believable as Bond, or as a SEAL, than she is as a SEAL.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post

Idris Elba would make a great Bond. He's a lot more believable as Bond, or as a SEAL, than she is as a SEAL.
    Exactly.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Unathletic -- Athletic -- Navy SEAL. It's a very wide continuum between each of those.

Remember Denise Richards as a (cough) top nuclear scientist in "The World is Not Enough"? It's not that they cast a woman as a top scientist, or other minority in a role- it's that they usually cast the wrong person for that particular role.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Remember Denise Richards as a (cough) top nuclear scientist in "The World is Not Enough"? It's not that they cast a woman as a top scientist, or other minority in a role- it's that they usually cast the wrong person for that particular role.
    That was a stunning performance, and I felt it was a great choice in casting.

Site Supporter
    I am not saying that she is athletic enough to be a SEAL, my comment was in response to the general assertion of her unathletic appearance.

I know I am not remotely qualified to comment on the level of athleticism to become and stay a SEAL.

When there is the same level of consternation with non American actors, particularly men, playing American male roles,
    maybe her playing a white historic figure in a historical drama would be notable in some way before we have even seen the performance.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I am not saying that she is athletic enough to be a SEAL, my comment was in response to the general assertion of her unathletic appearance.

I know I am not remotely qualified to comment on the level of athleticism to become and stay a SEAL.

When there is the same level of consternation with non American actors, particularly men, playing American male roles,
    maybe her playing a white historic figure in a historical drama would be notable in some way before we have even seen the performance.
    Physically, she should have looked a lot more like Jeanette Goldstein playing Vasquez in "Aliens".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

That’s not an apt comparison. A better one would be a white guy playing Nelson Mandella.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Oh, now it’s a problem...

Paraphrasing the title of the article
    “25 times white folks played folks of color and nobody gives a s&$)”
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...0dab313ffc/amp
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I’m the culprit who questioned why a more athletic woman wasn’t used to fill the role of a female SEAL. Maybe athletic wasn’t descriptive enough as marathon runners are definitely athletic folks. The woman who played Greer was built like a model. Attractive, definitely. Able to portray an individual who could lift a ruck,hump it across a field, fight and carry one of her team mates should the need arise, absolutely not. Color of her skin has nothing to do with it.

Not one of the characters portrayed in the book or movie were who they are cause of their color. Jordan’s version of Clark didn’t suck cause they changed the color of Clark’s skin from how Clancy wrote him. It sucked cause the writing was incapable of creating the same character depth as the book. Heck it appears to me they didn’t even try to develop Clark beyond a pissed SEAL badass. Not a huge deal for an off the shelf action flick. Huge suckage for trying to adapt a book that was the backstory to a character.

Site Supporter
    Kind of like how people start blowing a head gasket when Idris Elba gets traction as the next James Bond.
    I think he'd be a great Bond. Hopefully James Bond, not Woke Bond.
    As much as I like Craig as Bond (a great Bond, IMO), I picture Bond as a bigger, studlier (but still a bit of English Gent) guy. Connery.... Elba?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List