Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So how are these things holding up in the real world?
    This ^^

Does anyone here have any "real" round counts on these mags ?

Tam had a post mentioning a dude having big problems in a Given's class and Tom saying he hadn't seen any run well yet.

https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspo...-actually.html
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This ^^

What is real round count? 1,092+ count?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    What is real round count? 1,092+ count?
    2k at least. Given the 43x and 48 have had issues passing agency testing with the factory mags I want to see more than a couple hundred rounds before considering these.

2k at least. Given the 43x and 48 have had issues passing agency testing with the factory mags I want to see more than a couple hundred rounds before considering these.
    If you could I would certainly be interested in hearing of what particular issues there were barring any NDA's. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Tam had a post mentioning a dude having big problems in a Given's class and Tom saying he hadn't seen any run well yet.

Well. I was kinda on the fence on these, and Ms. Tam makes a good point: if ya wanna carry a 19, carry a 19...which oddly enough, I have one of.

Aaron Cowan over at Sage Dynamics runs the Shield mags, I believe. If anyone has run a shit ton of rounds thru them I’d imagine it would be him.

I had some issues the other night with a brownells slide, wolf ammo and shield mags. Haven’t had issues with brass ammo. Same ammo worked fine in factory mags. 🤷*♂️
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I've been shooting my 48 a little more, and even more after GJM sent me a Holosuned 43x slide for T&E. Whenever I shoot it, I use the Shield mag with their +P spring (is it standard now?). The experience has been completely opposite to the one I had had with early standard spring: several hundred rounds now without any issues. I am about to start burning some HST ammo to prove it carry worthy, and I have just ordered a pack of springs to set my second mag up.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

This ^^

I've posted this somewhere in the thread but I've had about 4.5k inbetween two mags. I've taken two seperate courses with them with a lot of one handed shooting involved and I've had no feeding or reliability issues at all. Recently I went back to the OEM 10rd because I had some rounds nosedive while feeding, I don't have enough ammo for now to diagnose what could be happening. I'm thinking the mag springs have weakened significantly over time.

In my opinion, I'd recommend putting about 2k rounds through one and make sure they work with your carry ammo then leave it alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post

From the link:

"But have you tried...?" Hey, if I wanted to maybe have to dick around with a gun to make it run reliably, I'd buy a Kimber. I thought the whole point of a Glock was to pull a soulless piece of combat tupperware out of the box and get to blasting with no more preparation than stuffing rounds in the magazines?

Almost sprayed coffee all over myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List