Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Only "one watch"/only "two watch"

A neat thing about the Marathon is the ability to change the battery without opening the main case.

Name:  IMG_8028.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  39.3 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I have that exact same Mudmaster, it’s actually my second one. The first was the version that came with the flat dark earth strap and more subdued display. As I got older I found I was having a harder time picking out the numbers on the subdued, in stead of being able to read it at a glance I had to look at it for a second.

I agree they are very tough, comfortable and informative watches. They do have one con though, they go through batteries pretty quick. I bought the FDE one in late 2017 or early 2018 I believe, ive changed the batteries (takes two) three times. While I was sure to lube the O ring each time I should have changes it the second time, didnt and it ended up getting some moisture inside and fogging up. It’s starting to show its age, still works and keeps good time but the second hand will get stuck at the 40 second mark sometimes. Give it a tap and it will start moving again.

Bought the green one in late 2021 and just had to change the batteries in it, if I ever buy another it will be the solar powered one for sure.
    I think I bought mine 2016 or 2017. I have replaced the batteries three times. I am on a "battery replacement" discount program with a local watch repair service, so other than the expense, it hasn't been a hassle so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    It'd be the same Citizen Eco-Drive I've been wearing for 10 years.

Extremely accurate, comfortable, and it appears, built to last.
    I have a Timex watch with a solar battery setup that I bought on a whim in 2019 at Walmart at 50% off for $25. It still keeps perfect time but it’s pretty much beat to death. I actually replaced the watch band two years ago for half what the watch cost. Basically I was tired of reprogramming my G Shock watch any time the battery died or we saved daylight.

Two years ago I bought an Eco-Drive that’s a whole lot prettier and about 15x the price. I wear the Citizen unless I’m doing manual labor or hunting then the Timex comes back out. It’s kept perfect time too .

But now daylight savings or leap year watch adjustments only take 30 seconds

Site Supporter
    If I had to pick 2 out of my collection I guess it would be these. Tudor Black Bay 54 and a Casio Lineage LCW-M100TSE-1A2JF. Both very readable to my eyes. The Casio is titanium, Tough Solar and syncs with the atomic clock. If I had financial issues and had to sell one I'd keep the Casio.
    Name:  20240425_213021.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  42.6 KB
    Adam

My current two watches are an Apple Watch and a newly acquired Vaer C5 Solar. I’ve been wearing the C5 more lately as I like the simplicity, quartz accuracy and size. Time will tell on durability.

Name:  IMG_4331.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  23.8 KB

I’ve had my eye on this diver but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. To this point the research I’ve done is overwhelmingly positive but other priorities keep getting in the way.

Name:  IMG_4332.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  32.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    My current two watches are an Apple Watch and a newly acquired Vaer C5 Solar. I’ve been wearing the C5 more lately as I like the simplicity, quartz accuracy and size. Time will tell on durability.

Name:  IMG_4331.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  23.8 KB

I’ve had my eye on this diver but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. To this point the research I’ve done is overwhelmingly positive but other priorities keep getting in the way.

Name:  IMG_4332.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  32.8 KB
    I have that same Vaer, and while I haven't had it that long, it has kept great time.

Thread warning

I am pretty sure this thread will turn out to be the second most expensive thread ever on PF.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you think the old ones were tougher or more fragile?
    More fragile by far.

@NPV is dead on.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am pretty sure this thread will turn out to be the second most expensive thread ever on PF.
    What is #1? (Runs to change and hide passwords to online accounts)

I didn't know this about Rolex -- seems an ideal ownership structure for making great watches.

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-bl...wns-rolex.html

User Tag List