Page 162 of 203 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2026

Thread: Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited

Site Supporter
    Five rounds after fitting a new bushing to the Kimber Stainless Target II (one of my most improbably reliable 1911s) and some mild trigger work.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    I shot the FBI qual again today with my Langdon 92 iron sights. Personal best, 294. Shot correctly, by the book, on the clock, turning targets and all with a bunch of other folks.

Attachment 64864

I have some buddies who work for the bureau. Fun facts. New agents just out of the academy are expected to be able to shoot a 220 on this qual.

When you show up for the FBI firearms instructor school you have 3 opportunities to shoot this on the first day, first thing. If you don't shoot a 260 or higher in those 3 tries you get sent home on the spot. Just have to make one out of three. If you choose to shoot it one handed you have to score a 240 or higher.

I'd like to get a 300 some time. But that last little bit seems like it will take a lot of work. For me the problem isn't the time. It seems that sometimes I'm steadier than others, my wobble zone is smaller and steadier, seems like no rhyme or reason. Also I believe that I have a harder time at the 15 yard line with all the single action shooting. The SA trigger seems to cause me to anticipate more than the DA.

All in good time.
    When I went through the course in 1999 you had to do it with an auto and a revolver.

That cut a bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    I shot the FBI qual again today with my Langdon 92 iron sights. Personal best, 294. Shot correctly, by the book, on the clock, turning targets and all with a bunch of other folks.

Attachment 64864

I have some buddies who work for the bureau. Fun facts. New agents just out of the academy are expected to be able to shoot a 220 on this qual.

When you show up for the FBI firearms instructor school you have 3 opportunities to shoot this on the first day, first thing. If you don't shoot a 260 or higher in those 3 tries you get sent home on the spot. Just have to make one out of three. If you choose to shoot it one handed you have to score a 240 or higher.

I'd like to get a 300 some time. But that last little bit seems like it will take a lot of work. For me the problem isn't the time. It seems that sometimes I'm steadier than others, my wobble zone is smaller and steadier, seems like no rhyme or reason. Also I believe that I have a harder time at the 15 yard line with all the single action shooting. The SA trigger seems to cause me to anticipate more than the DA.

All in good time.
    That is damn fine shooting.

Thanks maximus83.

feudist,

You ever try for the "Impossible" club? Some of the guys have mentioned it. Can't remember what the qual involved beyond the 50 yard line.

My first B8 in many months. Shadow2. 91 points.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My first B8 in many months. Shadow2. 91 points.

Good shooting. Do you left hand bias to the same degree with other pistols?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    Good shooting. Do you left hand bias to the same degree with other pistols?
    Thanks! This wasn't a typical bias. The light was challenging, and I was shooting target focus. At least that's my excuse. I want to know what I did to put 3 shots in the same hole, and then keep doing that
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  76DC12C0-1A53-42DE-A2F3-2A892F92B107.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  32.6 KB

Glock 44. Tried out several brands today. No issues and one group of CCI standard velocity was silver dollar sized but enough left (my fault) to score low 90s. Great group though.

Regards.

These runs were shot back in November. The interesting thing is that looking back at it I count 12 shots. I remember getting into a rhythm with this shot string and it just felt like everything came together, or at least the mistakes made by the dummy behind the gun were minimized.
    This take day was also the first time i cleaned the No Fail Pistol Drill. It was not shot cold however, and that is one of the checks in the box for a true pass on this. Still, my best day behind a pistol so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ Made me want to try a No Fail drill. I am on rimfire only at the moment so I used my DAO converted Brig Tac with .22 conversion. Ran from a Phlster Floodlight aiwb under a winter coat since it was 27 degrees out. Had a two light strikes that resulted in OT(1 hit 1 miss) but as long as it set the round off on the first try it was under par. First rounds of the day.

4.49 hit (light strike)
    2.98 hit
    3.22 miss
    3.02 hit
    2.66 hit
    3.96 hit (light strike)
    2.63 miss
    2.91 hit
    2.59 hit
    2.74 hit

8/10 fail

Going to use this as my cold drill for the beginning of 2021.

User Tag List