Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: PA SLx 1x Prism

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    What's the hole-pattern on the sight? The manual says, "With the base removed, the underside of the optic body is machined to be compatible with industry standard mini prism-mounts." Is that the Trijicon pattern?
    I believe "Mini ACOG" TA33/TA44 pattern is what you're looking for, but please double check before taking my word for it.

I think I'm going to try the SLX 1x. Is everyone still happy with theirs? anyone wanna sell me theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I think I'm going to try the SLX 1x. Is everyone still happy with theirs? anyone wanna sell me theirs?
    I just sold the 18oz PA prism scope and am about to order the 3x micro prism for my wife's LW AR

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Probably too late to be helpful, but I'm still very happy with mine. Shake awake has worked perfectly every time and the reticle is very easy to pick up in full outdoor light and not too much in indoor light. I see it being the permanent solution for my main 16" AR, which after years of small adjustments I think I'm done tweaking.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

@theJanitor missed the question as well, but I now have 2 of the 1x, 2 of the 3x, and a GLx 2x. They just plain work for me.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I just sold the 18oz PA prism scope and am about to order the 3x micro prism for my wife's LW AR
    I’ve been casting about for a lightweight 1-X solution for an upcoming 14.5” 5.56 AR, and I think I’ve just about convinced myself that 1X prism plus a lightweight-micro-magnifier will be the way to go.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    lightweight-micro-magnifier will be the way to go.
    PA sells one of those as well..

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...icro-magnifier

They are also running a 12% off sale.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I’ve been casting about for a lightweight 1-X solution for an upcoming 14.5” 5.56 AR, and I think I’ve just about convinced myself that 1X prism plus a lightweight-micro-magnifier will be the way to go.
    I'm pretty impressed with the 3x optic so far. If it holds up I invision me getting a few. They seem like a really well thought out gp optic

I recently bought a Colt lightweight carbine and decided try to keep it light. I have a 1-4 LPVO on my other 16" gun but it also has a medium contour barrel and is heavy enough that I've considered installing an undercarriage! For the new rifle, I mounted a Primary Arms SLx 1x prism optic and an SLx 3x micro magnifier on a flip to side mount. After a couple hundred rounds, I am very pleased with the arrangement. In hindsight, I normally ran the 1-4 either on 1 or 4, so 1 or 3 power with the PAs works well and is much quicked to change from one to the other. I like the notion of the etched reticle in case of batttery failure. The Cyclops reticle is fine for me and makes the offset for close in shots a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I'm pretty impressed with the 3x optic so far. If it holds up I invision me getting a few. They seem like a really well thought out gp optic
    This one? I think this is one of the most current models:

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...8-reticle-yard

I have a new LaRue 16” upper coming for an unused lower with a first generation Magpul UBR I found packed away (long story,) and a fixed 3x would be about perfect.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List