Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Harris--Revisiting the Full Charge Wadcutter

Cam's daddy: On rabbits and grouse both bullet designs cut perfect "paper punch" sized holes in the animal, with a quick humane harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Cam's daddy: On rabbits and grouse both bullet designs cut perfect "paper punch" sized holes in the animal, with a quick humane harvest.
    Thinking of standardizing all of my 38 reloads to either 158 LSWC over 3.5 Bullseye or 148 DEWC over 3.5 Bullseye.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    For those who have used DEWC and SWC on game, how do they compare? If you were to have loaded over 3.5 of bullseye and both shot poa just curious the benefits of one over the other in the real world.
    In Washington state, it is illegal to shoot small game with anything other than archery tackle, a rimfire, or a shotgun. Bowhunting bunnies and grouse is great fun. I dislike picking shot out of meat. .22's are fine but I only go for headshots because body shots can have an animal that is dead, but just doesn't know it yet, run 30 or 40 yards into the thickest pucker brush you can find before expiring.

.38 wadcutters are illegal for small game, but theoretically would result in a bang/flop with a well placed body shot far more often than a .22, while still ruining no more meat than a .22. One could argue that it is a more ethical choice as the chances of losing game in the weeds are much reduced.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

The only reason I prefer swc is the reload.

Site Supporter
    Thinking of standardizing all of my 38 reloads to either 158 LSWC over 3.5 Bullseye or 148 DEWC over 3.5 Bullseye.
    There are worse plans.

Site Supporter
    Be a good way to go, especially if all your .38s shoot to the sights (or near enough) with those two loads.

I add a light bunny fart load to those: 105-125 gr RNFP lead over 2.5 gr Bullseye for airweight practice and for introducing recoil sensitives to center fire revolver shooting.

JHPs mostly get used in the .357s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I ran the dot torture with my LCR with wadcutters today. The reloads from a speed-loader was pretty terrible. I carry a reload of SWC but discovered I didn’t have any in my range bag.

Site Supporter
    I ran the dot torture with my LCR with wadcutters today. The reloads from a speed-loader was terrible. I carry a reload of SWC but discovered I didn’t have any in my range bag.

Site Supporter
    I did the dot torture with my LCR with wadcutters today. The reloads from a speed-loader were slow and I fumbled a few. I carry a reload of SWC but discovered I didn’t have any in my range bag.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I did the dot torture with my LCR with wadcutters today. The reloads from a speed-loader were slow and I fumbled a few. I carry a reload of SWC but discovered I didn’t have any in my range bag.
    LOL - We believed you the first time.

Dave

User Tag List