Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The shootings of Raylan Givens

Seems appropriate to look back a little as things draw to a close:
    10 Best Showdowns from Justified
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/26...best-showdowns
    I always liked the one with the two mob dudes in the desert. One of the only times a good guy actually shoots somebody for taking "one more step" ☺

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    Never could by the premise of Banshee, so its incidents were fantasy fights to me. Justified seems a touch more grounded in reality.

I'm really going to miss Justified. I've been complaining that it only got 6 seasons, while other notable shows on FX went 7, but I've heard the shows creators were the ones that wanted this to be the final ride.

Really, I never thought I'd ever like a show as much as I did The Shield, but I wound up liking Justified even more. I don't know if anything is ever gonna top Raylan and the gang for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Never could by the premise of Banshee, so its incidents were fantasy fights to me. Justified seems a touch more grounded in reality.
    Justified definitely is, to say the least. The premise and plots in Banshee are ludicrous, and I would say laughable, but they somehow pull it off. Maybe it's the well developed characters within the insanity, played by actors with real emotion and the quieter human moments with believable dialogue, or the fantasy fights at least being based on real fighting techniques. I kind of see it as a comic book action/drama, and the show doesn't really pretend to be otherwise.

My 2 cents, took me a few episodes to like it.

My prediction for the series finale:

Ava Crowder has Raylan at gunpoint after he tracks her down. Boyd shoots her and Raylan lets him get away with the $10M.

This is just my guess.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Raylan won't leave Harlan alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Len McM View Post
    Raylan won't leave Harlan alive.

^^^^That song said so.

Prior to the start of the season, i was convinced that Raylan would be killed in the final episode and buried next to his father and mother. After he had their graves exhumed, I'm not so sure.

The boss thinks the final scene will be Raylan riding out of town with his own tombstone in the back seat.

One of the other guys in the office is convinced Raylan is going to get away with the money.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    One of the other guys in the office is convinced Raylan is going to get away with the money.
    That's what I am thinking too.

User Tag List