Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Springfield Armory bringing the Hi Power back?

Site Supporter
    This thread is sorely lacking a theme song.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    On the magazine train with no idea if this will even be mass compliant. (Midway had 10 rounders on sale).

That's dedication....or stupidity.
    Hypothetically if someone wanted to buy mags for a gun they don't (yet) own.... 13 or 15rd?

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    This thread is sorely lacking a theme song.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills_Cop_(1984)

You had to make me look it up… ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Going to the range tomorrow morning, now I'm wondering if I should throw the CZ with the good trigger in the range bag to see if I might want to do this SAO thing. Being a gun hipster can be expensive!
    I’ve been thinking about a CZ 75, and this new Hi Power is very tempting. Nothing can beat the triggers on my 1911’s, however. It can be expensive…

Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    Hypothetically if someone wanted to buy mags for a gun they don't (yet) own.... 13 or 15rd?
    Depends on preference and local laws.

I can't think of a reason to buy 13 round magazines when Mec-Gar 15 round magazines are available and inexpensive.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Well, shoot. I was *not* planning on liking this or buying any gun in a new platform in the future.

Hmm.
    Me either, but someday I'll be able to attend church again and could use a dedicated, fancy church gun. A gunsmith(who died before his time) said he liked the Hi-Power. Of course, he did his tweaking on his own I'm sure.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by cyberiad View Post
    I can't think of a reason to buy 13 round magazines when Mec-Gar 15 round magazines are available and inexpensive.
    With a factory FN/Browning BHP, the mousetrap mags were worth it over the MecGar 15 rounders as they would eject out with authority...otherwise, mags wouldn't barely get loose from the magwell due to the magazine safety (even if you removed it). You would need to yank the mag out; they were not drop free in general.

That's really the big/main reason to stick with the factory FN/Browning 13 round mousetrap mags.

If that's been resolved in this iteration of the gun...that would be pretty awesome. I've got something like 10 or so of the FN/Browning and maybe 7 or 8 Mecgars...it'd be nice to be able to buy Mecgars and actually use them for carry duty.

https://hipowersandhandguns.com/mec-...015%20shot.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    With a factory FN/Browning BHP, the mousetrap mags were worth it over the MecGar 15 rounders as they would eject out with authority...otherwise, mags wouldn't barely get loose from the magwell due to the magazine safety (even if you removed it). You would need to yank the mag out; they were not drop free in general.

That's really the big/main reason to stick with the factory FN/Browning 13 round mousetrap mags.

If that's been resolved in this iteration of the gun...that would be pretty awesome. I've got something like 10 or so of the FN/Browning and maybe 7 or 8 Mecgars...it'd be nice to be able to buy Mecgars and actually use them for carry duty.
    Non, no. Sans the mag safety, the mags will fall out like gravity still works. No mouse traps needed. Trust me, i have a few dozen of each.

User Tag List