Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carjackers use PIT maneuver successfully in Manhattan

Carjackers use PIT maneuver successfully in Manhattan

#RESIST

They try that in my neighborhood and they better exit their car sending rounds, because it's basically a guaranteed certainty they will be receiving some.

Site Supporter
    Questions:

From my untrained eye - the MB driver seemed to know what they were doing. Engaged 2x aggressively and effectively.

Is that somebody who had training in a former life or “just” an extrapolation of video games?

Will the non driver carry a hammer or a glass breaker the next time?

Clearly they knew the SUV was a money courier
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

This looked…not unplanned and not amateur. They had a goal and they didn’t let anything deter them from it.
    #RESIST

I carry AIWB so my Glock is accessible when seated (in a vehicle).
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Questions:

From my untrained eye - the MB driver seemed to know what they were doing. Engaged 2x aggressively and effectively.

Is that somebody who had training in a former life or “just” an extrapolation of video games?

Will the non driver carry a hammer or a glass breaker the next time?

Clearly they knew the SUV was a money courier
    While it’s amazing what you can learn from the internet nowadays, the totality indicates some one with training and likely experience.

For at least the past 15 years or so, South American theft groups, many of who are illegal migrants or visa overstays, and are former LE and military have specialized in targeting jewelry salesmen and couriers. As security in the jewelry industry has hardened that target, they have branched out into high-end burglaries targeting the homes of wealthy individuals and cash couriers.

Questions:

Looks that way to me, as well. I’d surmise that the MB was stolen, considering that they trashed the front end in order to get at whatever they wanted out of that RAV4. If nothing else, those guys are unusually good at procuring and using cars.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

There's plenty of other places on the planet with that training & experience. Interesting when 'we' come up against them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I carry AIWB so my Glock is accessible when seated (in a vehicle).
    That’s a start but initiative matters. Have you ever been in a significant auto accident. Recovering from the impact and recognizing what’s going on all take time.

Regardless, this appears to be targeted. The suspects had information on what the victim was carrying and they’ve likely been watching the victim for some time to establish a pattern.

If you’re not a target for retaliation or acting as a courier for some sort of valuables your risk profile for something like this is close to zero.

I get the feeling the Mercedes was chosen for its build and heft.
    #RESIST

User Tag List