Thread: Cross Dominance and PMO

Cross Dominance and PMO

Does the PMO absolutely have to be viewed by the dominant eye?

If a shooter can acquire a proper threat focused sight picture with the gun in the dominant hand and optic in front of the non-dominant eye, is there any reason to change?

It shouldn’t matter if you’re shooting with both eyes open and target focus.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Based on my very recent experience with a dominant eye issue(lens slipped), I'd say not really...

Quote Originally Posted by jbg270 View Post
    If a shooter can acquire a proper threat focused sight picture with the gun in the dominant hand and optic in front of the non-dominant eye, is there any reason to change?
    No, not from what I've seen.

I’ve got limited experience, but what little I’ve been able to mess around with, I’d say no. Right handed and left eye dominant. I’m able to put the dot in front of my right eye and get hits where I want while keeping both eyes open.

The PMO is a godsend for cross eye dominant shooters, and I have seen enormous performance gains for a number of cross eyed folks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

No, but why would you want to learn a completely different index/stance for red dot vs irons?

I am cross dominant and shoot right handed left eyed for all handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The PMO is a godsend for cross eye dominant shooters, and I have seen enormous performance gains for a number of cross eyed folks.
    That's interesting. I'm a right-handed left eye dominant shooter who put irons behind me a couple of years ago. It never occurred to me that I could put the dot in front of my right eye and get results. It seems to work; is there a good argument that can be made for investing the effort required to make the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    That's interesting. I'm a right-handed left eye dominant shooter who put irons behind me a couple of years ago. It never occurred to me that I could put the dot in front of my right eye and get results. It seems to work; is there a good argument that can be made for investing the effort required to make the switch?
    Good friend, now a two letter classification CO shooter made the switch when he started. Said it took about two weeks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Good friend, now a two letter classification CO shooter made the switch when he started. Said it took about two weeks.
    Thanks, sounds like it's worth exploring.

User Tag List