Page 296 of 375 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Walked into the Rolex dealer to inquire about a Sea Dweller. They laughed. Took my name and smiled. Must be very strange to be a Rolex dealer these days, with the only watches in the case labeled, “Not for sale”
    It's a little bit better compared to when there was nothing to show at all.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Deleted; not a constructive comment.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan9 View Post
    Looks great, backdrop is very fitting. All the Pelagos owners here are killing me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Walked into the Rolex dealer to inquire about a Sea Dweller. They laughed. Took my name and smiled. Must be very strange to be a Rolex dealer these days, with the only watches in the case labeled, “Not for sale”
    By this point I basically gave up on the idea of getting a Submariner at MSRP. I spoke to a dealer on Sat and she claimed Rolex is working at capacity, it's just the demands. Not sure how true that is. When I was at a Breitling store, their manager claimed that Rolex is artificially inflating demand...

There may be some light at the end of the tunnel on Rolex prices: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...86b_story.html

The crypto meltdown has claimed its first luxury victim: the Rolex Daytona.

After reaching record highs earlier this year, prices for the most desirable watches on the secondary market, including the coveted Rolex, have now fallen.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    By this point I basically gave up on the idea of getting a Submariner at MSRP. I spoke to a dealer on Sat and she claimed Rolex is working at capacity, it's just the demands. Not sure how true that is. When I was at a Breitling store, their manager claimed that Rolex is artificially inflating demand...
    Respectfully MSRP is meaningless since the watch won’t be offered to you anyway.

Keep your name on the list. Buy the newest nicest full box/papers model you want from Chrono24 - knowing A) you’re very unlike to lose money if you want to sell it. B) if your AD likes you and offers you the Coveted piece at some point then you buy it too and you’re in the trading game.

I want to get a watch to give to my son when he graduates from high school this coming year. For years he has been rocking a Timex on a NATO strap without complaints. He has been a great kid and I want to get something special. Some constraints:

He has a small wrist. It can't be a huge 44 mm watch.
    He likes numbers and not just symbols like a lot of divers. Date function is good too.
    Movement: automatic, so it should last his whole life.
    Strap and not bracelet.
    Budget: $1000 or less.

He's been busy his whole young life and he has never been late. He and I are not watch people but we both equate functionality with beauty. So far this is what I think fits the bill (Marathon (Medium) GSAR Automatic Military Divers Watch with Sapphire Crystal). Any other recommendations to look at?

Name:  WW194026-zoom__86091.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  28.3 KB

Site Supporter
    I bought the large version of the Marathon GSAR in anthracite and I love it. I think it's a great value. For what it's worth, this watch in 41mm does not wear like a big watch. Plus, if it was any smaller, the watch dial would be too busy and hard to read (for me anyway). If there was any way you could see them in person, I'd encourage you to. Based on pictures and video reviews, I expected the large to wear a lot bigger. For reference, I have a 7.5 inch wrist.

ETA: Unless you catch a sale or get the 10% discount for giving them your email, the Marathon will exceed your budget by a bit. Oh, and the strap smells like vanilla. Which is not exactly my cup of tea. I got mine with the bracelet and the strap was included at the time (no longer).

User Tag List