Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eddie Gallagher Interview

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    This was forever ago, but at the time I was referring to testimony at the trial, not Youtube. I don't know the truth of the matter but I put a ton more weight on the trial reporting (which I remember to be still pretty unclear) than Youtube (where you can learn that the moon landing is fake).
    I'd argue that there have been plenty of people railroaded by the justice system from every walk of life. BS on YoutTube is SOP, CAN be used to color the innocent guilty and vice versa, but typically has less weight than a courtroom.

Not arguing one way or the other, just saying that balancing the scales of justice is just as difficult as "reporting the facts".
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Given that the prosecution was proven to be crooked, that the chain of command was proven to be doing their best to be influencing the community, and the fact that all of the prosecution’s witnesses fell the fuck apart on the stand; I’m not at all ambiguous about my opinion on this.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I'd argue that there have been plenty of people railroaded by the justice system from every walk of life. BS on YoutTube is SOP, CAN be used to color the innocent guilty and vice versa, but typically has less weight than a courtroom.

Not arguing one way or the other, just saying that balancing the scales of justice is just as difficult as "reporting the facts".
    Cough...RICHARD JEWELL...Cough...cough.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Cough...RICHARD JEWELL...Cough...cough.
    Wow! Blast from the past! (pun intended)
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I've seen Gallagher interviewed on a news show, and watched parts of the 5 hour interview as well as all of another. Each and every time I feel like I'm listening to high school girls, not Naval Special Warfare. "They didn't want to do this." "They went to this person and told them I was mean." WTF? Is that really life in a SEAL platoon? If these guys were whining about having to do their job, why were they still on a team?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I've seen Gallagher interviewed on a news show, and watched parts of the 5 hour interview as well as all of another. Each and every time I feel like I'm listening to high school girls, not Naval Special Warfare. "They didn't want to do this." "They went to this person and told them I was mean." WTF? Is that really life in a SEAL platoon? If these guys were whining about having to do their job, why were they still on a team?
    I agree with this sentiment and suppose that as far as reasons, their ops tempo had been running high for a while. There was a lot of work to be done, SEALs were getting a lot of it on their plate, and that meant guys coming through the pipeline a little quicker, to keep up momentum/fill losses, those same guys were needed in busy units when problems started to crop up, and leadership had "bigger" worries on their mind and figured they could trust everyone involved to man up.

Important lesson in leadership, especially small units: take care of your people, and make sure your people take care of their people. Not a knock on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    I agree with this sentiment and suppose that as far as reasons, their ops tempo had been running high for a while. There was a lot of work to be done, SEALs were getting a lot of it on their plate, and that meant guys coming through the pipeline a little quicker, to keep up momentum/fill losses, those same guys were needed in busy units when problems started to crop up, and leadership had "bigger" worries on their mind and figured they could trust everyone involved to man up.

Important lesson in leadership, especially small units: take care of your people, and make sure your people take care of their people. Not a knock on anyone.
    You're probably right, but after the first guys packs his paint scraper and heads off to the fleet, everybody else should fall in line.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You're probably right, but after the first guys packs his paint scraper and heads off to the fleet, everybody else should fall in line.
    Ya that is what surprised me also. Besides what someone said earlier in the thread, none of the guys I fought alongside ever showed that sentiment.

User Tag List