Page 256 of 725 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 7244

Thread: Coronavirus thread

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/health/2020/03/...-social-norms/

’Quarantine shaming': US navigates radical new social norms

The chairman of Arizona's Asian Chamber of Commerce didn't see much downside to attending a small dinner at a local restaurant to bolster the business and bring together other leaders to discuss how to help Asian-American eateries devastated by the coronavirus.

That was, at least, until he posted about it on Instagram. The feedback was swift from people who were appalled that Ryan Winkle would promote a gathering — even a small one — as COVID-19 raged and entire cities were urged to self-isolate.

“I started getting some messages saying, ‘Hey, why are you trying to spread the virus?' I was like, ’It’s a small event, and everyone had washed their hands, and they had sanitizer on the tables,'” Winkle said of the dinner held Saturday in Mesa, Arizona. “My thinking is always about the economics. Imagine when all these businesses shut down. That’s a whole different problem.”

“Quarantine shaming” — calling out those not abiding by social distancing rules — is part of a new and startling reality for Americans who must navigate a world of rapidly evolving social norms in the age of COVID-19. As schools close and shelter-in-place orders sweep across the U.S., the divide between those who are stringently practicing self-isolation and those who are still trying to go about some semblance of a normal life has never been more clear. Complicating matters: What was socially acceptable even 48 hours ago may now be taboo, as government officials race to contain the virus with ever-expanding circles of social isolation.

If you don't post all your stupid shit on social media for the world to see then you don't have to concern yourself with what they think

I thought most of the TP stuff was tongue and cheek.

But no!

https://www.wral.com/live-nc-coronav...ates/19019663/

1:55 p.m.: Guilford County deputies spotted a tractor-trailer on Interstate 40 that violated the law and followed the vehicle to a nearby warehouse, where they determined that the vehicle had been stolen and was being used to transport 18,000 pounds of toilet paper, the sheriff's office said in a Facebook post. No charges have been filed, but the case remains under investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Speaking of Blood...

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...2IJNq8HZ9YvoWg

Baltimore Mayor Begs Residents To Stop Shooting Each Other So Hospital Beds Can Be Used For Coronavirus Patients
    Stop giving them hospital beds. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.ksat.com/health/2020/03/...-social-norms/

’Quarantine shaming': US navigates radical new social norms
    I mean, they should have known better than to have a god damned in person meeting right now. So, I kind of feel it is a reap what you sow. And it isn't hand sanitizer and washing your hands problem - the virus is aerosolized and sits on surfaces for a long time.

___

On a grumpy side note - Have people forgotten how to use a telephone?

Seriously, I'm predicting a resurgence in land-lines soon. I'm already tired of Skype and Zoom meetings and fucking video conference calls are annoying as shit already.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I think he's in the Vatican, hacking up a lung.

Okie John
    WFH life

Attachment 50207
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

NC just reported its first case of community spread covid. Now over 100 patients in the state.

The local paper states that the government made the statement with this announcement that they are going to move from a containment position to a mitigation position. However, absolutely no specifics were given.

For those in the know, what all would be involved with mitigation versus containment?

cc

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Stop giving them hospital beds. Problem solved.

I like the cut of your jib sir!!

BTW, asking people not to break the law, what a novel concept!
    cc

Is there still no reliable educated guess on when things will start to go back to normal? I only ask because my fiancee ask me at least 10 times a day as does her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Is there still no reliable educated guess on when things will start to go back to normal? I only ask because my fiancee ask me at least 10 times a day as does her mother.
    Soon™
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Soon™
    That sounds like that came from the same set of guys who came up with;

"Top........Men!"

cc

User Tag List