Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Purchases that may coincide with reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Forget ammo. We were running low on rolled ass wipe, so I went to Costco and bought a bunch. Not because I'm paranoid, but because everyone else seems to be and I may have to wipe my ass in the next few weeks. Bottled water also seems to be going fast. Never mind the disease isn't transmitted that way and your tap water at home is perfectly safe. I'm surprised we haven't seen lines at the gas pumps yet. Local shelves are now bare on rolled ass wipe, but there's plenty of ammo around.
    Now you know what it's like before a hurricane. People buying shit they don't need, don't like, or can't use, because they see someone else buying it.

If humans hadn't lived in small groups with no outside information, we'd have been extinct a long time ago. We are some panicky motherfuckers.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    I bought a case of 9mm 124-grain FMJ bullets and a case of Winchester SP primers for them because I'm low on 9mm ammo. Need to get some more .45 coated RNLs too.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I bought a case of 9mm 124-grain FMJ bullets and a case of Winchester SP primers for them because I'm low on 9mm ammo. Need to get some more .45 coated RNLs too.
    I did pretty much the same. I’m hoping there isn’t a bullet shortage, so all the powder and primers don’t go to waste.

I bought another j frame and 500 rounds of 38 special a couple days before the panic buying started. I’m glad I got the ammo too, I’m well stocked on 9 mm but I haven’t stocked 38 as deep. I’ve been saving brass though so I may start reloading it.

A couple of PMags, Endomag conversion guts and 500 rounds of Fed Syntec or whatever that 150g action pistol load is because it was on sale and I had a discount code but that was a day or two before The Great TP Sell Out of 2020. And I just ordered 1K of CCI .22 (500 MM, 500 SV) just because I haven't replaced the couple hundred I've shot up this year..

I made 2 trips to Wally over the weekend but I definitely wasn't panic buying. I just happened to be buying the stuff my beaming bride said we needed and was suddenly willing to be less...frugal about than usual. She may have been panicking but I sure wasn't!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My replacement Faxon barrel (for the defective one I ordered in November) finally showed up, as did the belt I was going to use with my revolver in Lee's class before everything went wrong for TacCon. The shop that was doing laser micro-welding on a part for another rifle called to ask for CC info this morning because it's done. And I got a ship notice for the BCG that's been backordered since December. No new purchases, though.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Picked up 1,000 rounds of 9mm and 1,100 rounds of .22 from Academy tonight. All self defense handgun ammo is sold out. There was a line of people waiting to buy guns. Meats, sanitary items and bread are unobtanium at most of the local grocery stores around here. It’s wild.
    Shoot more, post less...

I purchased 150 rounds of hst. Got them for about 64 cents a piece, I think that is the only reason why. But I also bought a ka-bar becker eskabar esee and a morakniv eldris and sheaths for both this past week too. Pretty sure I just bought them because they are awesome.

If you need ammo you might ought to be about grabbing it sooner rather than later. Sales have caught fire in the last week. SG has quit taking orders completely. Powder Valley has put order limits in place. CTD is selling 1K of Winchester 5.56 for $899. It's 2015-2016 all over again and it's happened just about overnight.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/winc...892227156.html

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 1.54.07 AM.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  95.7 KB

After several years of agonizing I finally ordered a new AK from PSA. Got the order confirmation and then radio silence, and now their site is down so I can’t even check status. Went to order mags and Ammo and discovered I had screwed up and ordered a new gun during a panic. It honestly didn’t even occur to me that people would be panic buying guns right now.

Guess my mags and Ammo for my new Ak, if it actually arrives, will have to wait

User Tag List