Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22 Conversions For AR15

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    We started a rimfire division when I was still running carbine matches. The reason was two-fold:
    1) get more participation from those that couldn't afford the ammo
    2) give me an opportunity to see other people shooting the various types of rimfire ARs so I could decide what I wanted to buy

I wound up with an M&P. I didn't record actual data for this experiment, but I don't recall seeing an aluminum .22 AR run without fail, and I don't recall seeing and M&P go down. Of course, I then bought one and it wouldn't run, but after a trip back to the factory it runs like a champ for several hundred rounds. Nothing earth-shattering, I know, but since I never saw a conversion go more than two mags without a failure I'm pretty happy with the result. I do with I'd have waited for the MOE just to get the extra sling swivel, but it's certainly not a deal breaker. I may yet SBR mine just to have a place to put my otherwise-useless .22 can.
    Suppressed, SBR, M&P 15/22 is chock full of win and fun. Great garage training toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Suppressed, SBR, M&P 15/22 is chock full of win and fun. Great garage training toy.

If they aren't made illegal, one of these will be mine.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Well that is just sexy!

Question of the day is will a 223/556 suppressor work on a 22? Didn't know so I thought I'd ask....two birds one stone thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    If they aren't made illegal, one of these will be mine.
    If it gets to THAT point........we have bigger problems than a .22LR that is illegal. Two sets of fingerprints, two local LE LEDS/NCIS checks, two federal LE checks, $400 in taxes paid in order to be legal. If that is not enough, then it's time to either A) Take our government back, or B) move to Mexico. At least there, having illegal guns don't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Well that is just sexy!

Question of the day is will a 223/556 suppressor work on a 22? Didn't know so I thought I'd ask....two birds one stone thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Not in any volume, seems to be toxic as all hell to clean and tedious. I skipped the 5.56 can and went right to a 22 can. If the Saker isn't available for me to have a 2012 receipt I'll buy another sparrow.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    What works and what doesn't? Trying to cut the ammo expense and the availability issue.

CMMG is one I've seen, not sure on quality or long term use. Ideally I want a M&P22 but it's not in the cards at the moment.

Thanks in advance forum members.
    I have both an old Ciener (15K+ rounds) and newer CMMG (5K'ish) conversions. Both worked fine after a little work on the extractors and both broke firing pins with a little dry firing (that's a no-no). Both give about 4 MOA at best in numerous Appleseed shoots.

I'd like to try a CMMG dedicated conversion with the BHO feature so I could run the forearm of my choice. I don't believe that's an option with the M&P. The M&P .22 I fired a few hundred rounds through worked fine as others referenced. Haven't really tested one for accuracy but don't doubt they'd do better than a conversion if that's important to you.

With this kit you can put almost any free-float handguard you'd want to on the S&W.

http://www.tacticool22.com/shop/free...522-p-108.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I have a cmmg conversion kit that I shoot Remington golden bullets with. I'm pleased with its performance
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

On the hunt for 15/22 mags.
    #RESIST

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    On the hunt for 15/22 mags.
    I'm looking for the Golden Fleece and the One-Armed Man!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List