Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 LTT spare parts?

Beretta 92 LTT spare parts?

I'm switching from M&Ps to a 92 LTT for nightstand & match duty. For my M&Ps, I would always keep a spare striker assembly in my range bag b/c I knew they were prone to breakage. What parts are prone to breakage on the 92? What should I keep in my range bag?

I know trigger return springs are known to break but that's it.

(I searched the forum for this and didn't find anything)

e: after searching for "beretta 92 maintenance schedule" instead of "beretta 92 spare parts" I found this post https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post148905

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26
    Beretta 92:

Most important is to replace recoil spring and trigger return spring every 5000 rounds. This prevents the gun from battering itself with extra stress on the locking block. The latest gen locking block is usually good for 25,000+ rounds, but you may want to replace it at 20,000. I will also clean out the extractor channel every 5000 rounds. The extractor pin is staked into the slide, so it may not be a good idea/necessary to excessively clean the extractor channel. I have never run into an issue with broken firing pin or worn firing pin springs. I believe the gun will still function with a broken firing pin.

Any suggestions for trigger bar spring and slide stop spring? Mine have never been replaced (10,000rds) and I have yet to see any breakages or performance degradation.

Spare parts I keep:
    recoil springs, trigger return springs, trigger bar springs, extractor spring + extractor, locking block + plunger,
    Last edited by perlslacker; 06-11-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Not being snarky, but I use a spare 92 LTT pistol as any failure is likely to require more time to teardown and replace than I have. The spare pistol allows me to worry about the deadlined pistol once I am home. That way I also am not worrying about little detents and springs. I do suggest keeping spare locking block kits and inspecting the one in the pistol when you clean and lube.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Not being snarky, but I use a spare 92 LTT pistol as any failure is likely to require more time to teardown and replace than I have. The spare pistol allows me to worry about the deadlined pistol once I am home. That way I also am not worrying about little detents and springs. I do suggest keeping spare locking block kits and inspecting the one in the pistol when you clean and lube.
    I know that having a spare gun is the best policy (I used to keep my old 4.25" M&P as a spare after I switched to the Pro) but until I convince my wife that it's a good time to buy another $1k gun I'd like to have a $25-$50 parts kit to tide me over.

For a range bag? Perhaps a spare recoil spring. Replacing a trigger return spring on a 92 isn't like popping in a new trigger spring on a Glock.

The CDNN spare parts kit are a good value but do not include springs.

BERETTA 92 96 M9 FACTORY PARTS KIT 12 PIECE
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

What I replace most are recoil springs and mag springs.

Less frequently, locking blocks and FP springs.

I did break a firing pin, so I keep at least one around.

Never broke a trigger return spring, and I think I've only replaced one on general principles, but I do have spares.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I'm switching from M&Ps to a 92 LTT for nightstand & match duty. For my M&Ps, I would always keep a spare striker assembly in my range bag b/c I knew they were prone to breakage. What parts are prone to breakage on the 92? What should I keep in my range bag?

I know trigger return springs are known to break but that's it.

(I searched the forum for this and didn't find anything)

e: after searching for "beretta 92 maintenance schedule" instead of "beretta 92 spare parts" I found this post https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post148905
    Link just posted on the Beretta forum in the last couple days:
    http://berettausa.custhelp.com/app/a...ail/a_id/1067/

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I did break a firing pin, so I keep at least one around.
    To be fair, he won’t know the firing pin is broken unless he detail strips the slide. On the 92 the firing pin will continue to function even when they break.

Unless he somehow breaks the tip off the pin?

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    To be fair, he won’t know the firing pin is broken unless he detail strips the slide. On the 92 the firing pin will continue to function even when they break.
    Incorrect, sir. When the FP breaks, the forward section is no longer captured by the FP spring. With the slide locked, you can see the tip extend beyond the breech face.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Link just posted on the Beretta forum in the last couple days:
    http://berettausa.custhelp.com/app/a...ail/a_id/1067/
    Until the mag body or feed lips are toast, they get new Wolff springs.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

My recommendation for spare parts to have on hand:

1. Trigger return spring (Wilson chrome silicon or Wolff TCU at INS/Factory weight)

2. Triggerbar spring (NEVER had one break, but just have one because it can be so critical)

3. Extractor spring (Wilson chrome silicon-standard weight works just fine)

4. Recoil spring (Wilson, Beretta or Wolff)

5. A Gen 3 (current one from Beretta) locking block

6. A decent set of punches (both for solid and roll pins) and gunsmithing screwdrivers (Brownells)

7. Access to a computer and YouTube (to see decent videos from Beretta, childofjuly, langdon tactical and MoisinVirus for takedown and reassembly sequences)

8. Quality lubricants-my personal preferences are Weapon Shield, Dri-Slide, and Lucas Red "N" Tacky #2

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    My recommendation for spare parts to have on hand:

1. Trigger return spring (Wilson chrome silicon or Wolff TCU at INS/Factory weight)

2. Triggerbar spring (NEVER had one break, but just have one because it can be so critical)

3. Extractor spring (Wilson chrome silicon-standard weight works just fine)

4. Recoil spring (Wilson, Beretta or Wolff)

5. A Gen 3 (current one from Beretta) locking block

6. A decent set of punches (both for solid and roll pins) and gunsmithing screwdrivers (Brownells)

7. Access to a computer and YouTube (to see decent videos from Beretta, childofjuly, langdon tactical and MoisinVirus for takedown and reassembly sequences)

8. Quality lubricants-my personal preferences are Weapon Shield, Dri-Slide, and Lucas Red "N" Tacky #2

Best, Jon
    I like that list.

FYI, Beretta makes a spare parts kit which has pretty much everything you might need (minus tools though). Comes in a plastic tackle box tray.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...eries/ek68615/

cc
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 06-12-2019 at 08:25 AM.

User Tag List