Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex IWB #3

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Enjoying the #3 for the G26 so much, I just ordered one for the G19.
    Show off!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I just ordered a #3 iwb 20 degree cant. For my p10c with aplc. Pretty pumped for it to get in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Enjoying the #3 for the G26 so much, I just ordered one for the G19.
    I've been dropping my 26 into my G19's #3 and wondering if I'd even like a dedicated 26 holster. It's pretty comfortable as is.

Let us know what you think.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I had tried Tony's IWB#3 earlier, and found I wanted something with a little more ride height and adjustability - something like a "George" except for the traditional IWB position. Tony told me that he had an IWB#3 variant in the works with holes for adjustable cant and height. It's a bit more expensive than the standard IWB3 and I don't think it appears on the website as a regular item. Here it is. It is sized for a G17 but I've also used it with a G19.

Name:  IMG_3973.jpg
Views: 1430
Size:  101.4 KB

I haven't quite settled on my settings, but I've found it very comfortable and concealable over the past two months. It's the best IWB holster I've tried for the Glock (I've used the Blade-Tech Nano, RCS Phantom, INCOG and others in the past). Tony's design really brings the butt of the pistol into the body. I originally ordered it with the full body shield, but found that it interfered with my grip, and it went back to Tony for a chop to the mid-size shield, which is just about perfect. I've experimented with a zero and reverse cant for AIWB use, and it can serve in that role, though I'm sure one of Tony's dedicated appendix rigs with a wedge is better for that purpose.

I'd have been satisfied leaving this holster alone if it weren't for the GEN5 release and Tony stating he can adjust the holster to accommodate the new pistols. Since a GEN5 G17 is on my short list, this is probably headed back to JM for the tweak. Then it will be perfect.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

What do you guys think would be best for concealing a G26, 10? 15 degree cant?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I personally use a 10 degree cant, others on here use more. I find the 10 degree cant to bring the butt of the gun off of the waistline enough to conceal, while still having an easier draw for me. YMMV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Cant is very personal, as you know. What works for one man may not work quite the same for his neighbor. Nonetheless, the guidelines someone once told me -- and that seemed to work out -- are related to the height of the pistol. A 5.5" grip gets a 25 degree cant; a 5.0" gets a 20 degree; a 4.5" gets a 15 degree, and the G-26 lives with a 10 degree cant.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 09-03-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Cant is very personal, as you know. What works for one man may not work quite the same for his neighbor. Nonetheless, the guidelines someone once told me -- and that seemed to work out -- are related to the height of the pistol. A 5.5" grip gets a 25 degree cant; a 5.0" gets a 20 degree; a 4.5" gets a 15 degree, and the G-26 lives with a 10 degree cant.
    I don't have a #3 for my 26. However, I DO have them for:

4" K frame
    4" L frame
    G19
    G34
    M&P FS 9
    5" 1911

And all of those are setup for 25 degrees. I wear them just behind the side seam of my trousers, between my side pocket and my back pocket. Works good for me and my long arms.

Thanks guys

User Tag List