Page 285 of 372 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They come however the Dept or officer wants them. I don’t know what LVMPD’s requirements are or if they even issue duty guns. Some agencies simply authorize a list of personally owned weapons or mandate a gun purchased from the Dept when going through the Academy.

Glock also makes and sells steel versions of the plastic fixed sights.. I believe the UK military issue Glock 17’s come with the steel version of the “ball and bucket” sights.

There are some who argue that having a weapons mounted light makes night sights redundant.

Last time I checked, a few years ago now, LVMPD issues guns (Glocks I think) but also had a very liberal POWs policy.

Site Supporter
    Another accidental use of pistol instead of a taser, fortunately for everyone involved this officer missed the pistol shot.

ETA: in looking for the video without commentary I ran across this vid of Nevada State Police Taser training.

Last edited by Caballoflaco; 01-12-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Maybe they need something to make it easier to remember...

This is my pistol,
    This is my gun taser,
    One is for shooting,
    The other for stun.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Another accidental use of pistol instead of a taser, fortunately for everyone involved this officer missed the pistol shot.

ETA: in looking for the video without commentary I ran across this vid of Nevada State Police Taser training.

Very few departments are going to provide the the level of training that might address these issues. This is not a "I forgot which side my gun was on" issue, it is hand confusion...a failure that occurs somewhere in the brain's signal to the body to do something. Stress, fear, excitement, fatigue, etc. are the contributing factors. Perhaps a lot of stress inoculation training done frequently could mitigate this, but taser qual once a year and a roll-call training or two isn't going to do it. Standing on a staic "range" and tasering a target or a dummy isn't going to do it. It needs to be a realistic, stress-inducing, scenario-based training. Also, agencies need to make the Taser weak hand carry, not crossdraw. Train weak hand deployment only and and often. Train drawing and firing the Taser as frequently as you practice drawing and firing the handgun. Then, maybe we will see less of this. Really, the things need to be redesigned to be held and triggered differently than a firearm, before more people get shot and more cops go to jail. Just being lighter or yellow or making a beeping noise or whatever isn't going to work when the user is experiencing a significant brain fart. To paraphrase Dr. Christopher Heim "It seems as if the finger [or hand] does not in all cases obey the brain.”

These don't happen THAT often, but often enough that it is a real problem. I think Kim Potter and Johannes Mehserle would agree.

Of course, I don't know the cop in the video. She could have had other/additional training and competence issues.

Site Supporter
    Austin TX PD Officer with a shotgun vs man with a rifle 12/24/2021

Full details with 911 calls etc

Just the body cam footage of the shooting:

https://funker530.com/video/officer-...dQOBwBtVhn4g1o

Doesn’t seem like that officer’s first rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I had to skip all the 911 calls. Great shot there. If you’re by yourself I don’t see the need to leave cover and close on the suspect. I really liked to use a car to slowly close on the suspect while your team walks up behind cover.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

No begging. Command...repeat command...boom.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Right? Textbook use of the vehicle as cover while bringing the shotgun online, using the long axis of the vehicle to get the most metal between him and the shooter, like 10/10 dude you deleted a bad guy from the world and made it look easy

I was a participant in one incident involving a 12 gauge shotgun, and have seen video of quite a few more. While I'm sure there are exceptions, I've always been impressed at how decisive they can be.

Anybody want to guess on the range in this clip? It seems a bit long.

It seems like the officer left cover a bit early, but it all worked out.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List