Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

I would be perfectly happy with a reliable 12-round magazine for my Shield Plus. Would not feel slighted in the least with a 11+1 Shield. I have 2 HK pistols, a 45 and 9, and the fully loaded magazines click into place with little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve always completely filled my magazines to their advertised capacity. Every agency I’ve worked for has mandated that magazines be kept fully loaded regardless of whether the issued/approved guns were S&W M&Ps, Glocks, or Sig P320s/P365s. Every agency I known people at mandates the same thing. Some guns are definitely easier to seat a full magazine under a closed slide than others. You might just have to push a little more firmly while seating it to get it to lock in. I think if the magazine is advertised as holding 13 rounds it should load to 13, it should lock into the gun under a closed slide, and the gun should function when attempting to feed from a full magazine. If that’s not the case, you should contact the manufacturer because something isn’t right with the magazine.
    Agency's have liability issues. Marketing is a whole different thing.

My Shield + will ( on original mag) insert and fire with 13....Only an individual with no rudimentary mechanical knowledge would do so unless employer mandated.

I can limp wrist a pre-G5 Glock at will.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    My Shield + will ( on original mag) insert and fire with 13....Only an individual with no rudimentary mechanical knowledge would do so unless employer mandated.
    I’m assuming the guys who designed the Shield Plus mags to hold 13 rounds have some rudimentary mechanical knowledge.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

And...... Great legal and marketing knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m assuming the guys who designed the Shield Plus mags to hold 13 rounds have some rudimentary mechanical knowledge.
    I had no problems with the 10 and 13 round mags that came with the gun and loading them to the full capacity. I finally received 3 additional 13 round mags. They were a bit tough to load with 13 rounds. So I hit them with my purse to show them who's boss and loaded them to full capacity, using a loader. :-)

Something has change with the newer magazines offered separately. I gained access to five 13 rd. mags that have been shipped with Shield +'s. All look like my original 13 rd. mag that came with my pistol. All have the slightly pale orange follower that does not protrude as far as my two new 13 rd. mags. I am able to load each of shipped with the pistol mags by hand with 13 rds. The last round is tough but doable. FWIW, my EDC is a 45acp Commander so capacity is not much of an issue. I'm just curious why?

JW

I honestly didn’t know the answer to the follower color connection. Over the years, FWIW, I’ve seen people ask why a particular recoil spring or magazine spring is a different color than the OEM that came with the pistol. The most frequent answer is a change in vendor who is supplying the part. Or perhaps an upgraded part. I would like to know that answer too.

Are the new optic ready models (SKU 13534) with the orange night sight still incapable of mounting a holosun "K" series optic without modifying the slide footprint?

If so, does anyone know what modification needs to happen?

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...34&preselect=1

Yes, they're cut for the Shield RMSc. The 507K is a different footprint, so, barring an adapter plate, I don't know how one would mount a k...

I found this. I think it's been posted here before, but I'd forgotten the details. Apparently it's a similar footprint, but bosses likely need to be removed and reduced. Life is harder than it needs to be.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

A modification of the Shield standard
    Important Notes

Holosun 407K and Holosun 507K feature a modification of the Shield footprint. The differences are:

the two rear sockets are missing
    the sockets in the front are shallower
    For this reason, some pistols that are optic ready for Shield footprint need to be modified for the 407 and 507K. Namely, the two rear indexing lugs on the pistol have to be removed and the two front indexing lugs shortened in height. Hellcat and Walther PPS are examples of such pistols (some pistols, such as Sig Sauer P365XL, do not have to be modified).

User Tag List