Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I have the Velo and Certum. Initially, I tried to use the Certum for AIWB using the RCS wing. The holster is solid but I'm not a fan of those fat clips. I ordered the Velo and tried it. I hated it. The wedge dug into me and caused tons of discomfort. I threw it back in the drawer and forgot about it. In fact, I was about to return them for a refund. Once I saw Kyle Defoor, Bill Blowers, and a few others raving about it, I gave it another shot. I moved the holster over slightly, and wow. There was no discomfort at all. I've tried multiple holsters from Bravo Concealment, TRex Arms, and other various manufacturers and thought I found the perfect holster when I began to use the Trex Raptor. The Velo is now my go-to. It conceals better than any other holster out at the moment, all while maintaining a small footprint. I'm still debating on sending the Certum back and just picking up an Arx, but I'm definitely going to pick up another Velo for my 19. If you carry a G43, the Velo is without a doubt the best holster on the market. Tenicor is the real deal.
    Many of the popular holsters for AIWB are really designed for speed and not concealment. (Great for the 'grams!) As such they are optimized to carry close to the mid line. The VELO is optimized for concealment and for most people carrying closers to the hip point is more concealable.

Alex, I am glad you gave it another shot. Subtle adjustments to fine tune both ride height and position on the belt is extremely important to concealment, comfort, and performance. The VELO is designed to work with most people just in front of the hip point. Essentially, you need to move the holster around on your body until you find the spot where the molded in wedge sits flat against the body. If it is not at the right angle and the point of the wedge is pressing against your body, then obviously that would be extremely uncomfortable.
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I utilized my Tenicor Velo in Bill Rapier's integrated handgun/combatives course this past weekend. Both the holster and the course highly recommended.
    Bill is an absolute badass and a phenomenal human being. He does not get enough press.

I took advantage of the new 15% off sale going on right now and ordered an AIWB, looking forward to it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I took advantage of the new 15% off sale going on right now and ordered an AIWB, looking forward to it.
    I just ordered an Orion from DSG before the sale started but I have been eyeballing the Velo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    Many of the popular holsters for AIWB are really designed for speed and not concealment. (Great for the 'grams!) As such they are optimized to carry close to the mid line. The VELO is optimized for concealment and for most people carrying closers to the hip point is more concealable.

Alex, I am glad you gave it another shot. Subtle adjustments to fine tune both ride height and position on the belt is extremely important to concealment, comfort, and performance. The VELO is designed to work with most people just in front of the hip point. Essentially, you need to move the holster around on your body until you find the spot where the molded in wedge sits flat against the body. If it is not at the right angle and the point of the wedge is pressing against your body, then obviously that would be extremely uncomfortable.
    Jeff - Any chance of us getting a Velo for the M&P 1.0 (or better yet, having the M&P Velo fit both the 1.0 and 2.0)?
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    Jeff - Any chance of us getting a Velo for the M&P 1.0 (or better yet, having the M&P Velo fit both the 1.0 and 2.0)?
    The 1.0 and 2.0 are pretty different, a universal fit was my original plan, but the fit did not meet our standards for a holster. No current plans to add the 1.0. Thanks!
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Four month update regarding the Velo: Still the best. After seeing the updates to the Certum on Tenicor's website, that'll be an interesting contender for people who dislike wedges. The quality of these holsters is impressive. Drove from Texas to Arkansas and back with a 19 in a Velo and didn't feel a thing. For what it's worth I'm 155 lbs with a 30" waist and had virtually zero printing.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Would be great to hear your feedback on the holster.

Velo is my favorite holster I have used. Currently carrya mp9 2.0 compact.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post

You got me.

I’ll order one.

I love your OWB holsters and I think this may be the same.

Also, any chance for a holster for the CZ P-10C? Even a prototype: I’ll supply the pistol to make the mold. [emoji1431]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List