Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does any company make a quality scope mount in a 1.7-1.8" height?

Does any company make a quality scope mount in a 1.7-1.8" height?

I have an IWI X95 Tavor and I found most optics meant for an AR sit around 1.5" tall which is just a hair too low for it. Right now I have an 4X ACOG with a kram spacer that puts it right around 1.7" and that is perfect. However I am thinking about getting a LPVO 1-6x of some variety to put on it but it looks like the only options I can find for 30mm single piece scope mount all come at 1.5" for standard height or 1.9" for NVG height which is just a bit too tall for my liking.

Does any company out there make a scope mount that is closer to that 1.7"

I know I could go with a spacer but that looks ugly and adds an extra point of failure with the mount that I'm trying to avoid.

Badger Ordnance makes a 1.7" mount.

https://www.badgerordnance.com/condi...3rd-black.html

It is a fantastic mount, but pretty hard to find these days.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....tegory_ID=1501 is the another choice besides the Badger for cantilever, though I'm not sure I would trust that any more than a quality mount with a quality riser.

EraTac has a non-cantilevered 34mm mount at 1.65" height, which should work fine with a Tavor, though you'd need a 34mm optic at that point.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 04-01-2021 at 02:48 PM.

If you opt for something with a 34mm tube, the American Defense RECON-M is 1.7". (It's 1.63" for 30mm.)

Been running the Badger Condition One mounts on some of our work guns (.308/5.56) AR platforms. I really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Badger Ordnance makes a 1.7" mount.

https://www.badgerordnance.com/condi...3rd-black.html

It is a fantastic mount, but pretty hard to find these days.
    Hard to find because they don't make it anymore or because everything is hard to find with the pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Hard to find because they don't make it anymore or because everything is hard to find with the pandemic?
    The pandemic plus just extremely high demand in general. It took me a few months to find mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    The pandemic plus just extremely high demand in general. It took me a few months to find mine.
    Well that's slightly better than not making them I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....tegory_ID=1501 is the another choice besides the Badger for cantilever, though I'm not sure I would trust that any more than a quality mount with a quality riser.

EraTac has a non-cantilevered 34mm mount at 1.65" height, which should work fine with a Tavor, though you'd need a 34mm optic at that point.
    Any recommendations for a riser that isn't ugly and is quality? I might end up going that route.

Depending on your intensed use for the gun and the optic you are using, I wouldn't completely rule out a 1.93" for that setup. I'm using my 1.7 for a more precision oriented gun where I could end up spending more time shooting from prone and 1.93 could get a bit uncomfortable for longer periods of time. For more general use setups 1.93" is fantastic and you'd likely adjust to it pretty quickly if you are using an optic with a forgiving eye box like a Razor or Kahles. Maybe less so with something like a Nightforce NX8 that is a little pickier about eye placement.

User Tag List