Page 159 of 232 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2317

Thread: What did you shoot today?

We set up targets and plink after dinner today.

My BiL has a Ruger Charger with a brace, a can, and a binary trigger. My first experience with the BT, kinda goofy, also kinda cool doing double taps on the plate rack.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My son and I took the pumpkins to the range and shot them to scatter for the deer.

I also broke out my 4” model 10. Man I hate that gun. I have a lot of money, time and effort tied up up in Glocks. I bring out a 4” k frame and I wonder why I bother shooting anything else. I shoot the 10 effortlessly better than my Glocks. I don’t get it but it sure is fun.

Major range trip today.

I had several guns to rezero after doing sight work, plus four new guns to take on maiden flights. The good news is that I guessed right on the height of the Dawson fronts for the direct milled Glocks with PMM IRDS rears. I also have a new 19.5 with ACRO and Ameriglos that I wanted to prove before the Radian Ramjet eventually gets here.

The P30L… damn, it’s a laser. Typical HK. The DA and SA aren’t bad at all, but it’s a blooper - too much ejection low and back to my face. I was using range stuff (Blaser brass 124s) but it needs to run fell on that. I’ll have to read up on P30 ejection tuning. This will probably get LTT’s RDO cut if I bond with it.

I spent most of my time with the new pair of pizza guns, a LTT 92 and LTT 92 Compact. Hoo boy. Accurate, great triggers, soft shooters. I put a magazine of 124 NATO level loads through each with the rest range stuff. I also tried the second RDO slide for the full size, it’s well regulated and really low profile. I think I’m in love.

EL mentioned on FB that RDO cut Compact slides should be available for purchase in the new year, I can really see 92s becoming my main carry guns.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Shot doubles trap with a new to me Beretta 694 Pro.

Mike

Name:  8061F211-A045-498C-9A4A-32C1DD0E6F48.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  28.4 KB
    Yesterday I checked the zero on my 1187 Special Purpose w Aimpoint Micro. Fortunately it prints Federal Truball slugs, Federal Grand Slam turkey loads, and Hornady Critical Duty 00 buck to the same point of aim.

Name:  4C662EC0-FE14-497A-9FBA-FD6F3F86DADE.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  38.7 KB
    I rezeroed my 5” 629 with Federal 240 grain American Eagle.

I also checked the zero on one of my 10/22s, put a few more shells through the Tac14, and worked some more with one of my Shield Plus pistols.

USPSA match, decent weather, great squad. I took 3rd CO against very strong competitors.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Inside USPSA match. Glock 17 Gen 5, SRO. Pleasant match mostly As and few Cs. One mike into a NO SHOOT - very annoying as I was running all As on that stage! BAH! One easy jam.

Observations - guy had a new Canik which did not run at all. Total fail. One guy tries to load so fast that he drops his mags on the floor, he also runs so fast that he almost falls down. One guy tries to load mag backwards (recall our meme thread on that).

Getting a handle on the dot, no problem finding it and moving it between targets.

Shot my S&W 64 today(finally), when I brought it along to a quick range trip to shoot my Work M&P 40 that I just replaced the recoil spring assembly and installed some Truglo sights with a Unotch rear and nice big orange front.

Apparently S&W changed at some point from a blue recoil spring for 9 & 40, to a green for 40 and 357 sig. My gun had a blue spring in it still, and I bought it as a used former Milwaukee PD gun. So I figured may as well upgrade the recoil spring to the current one and I didn’t know how many rounds the one that was in there had on it.

That’s the mildest 40 polymer gun I’ve ever shot. Shoots easier to me than either of the Glock 22’s (Gens 3 & 4)I had been issued at my previous dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Shot my S&W 64 today(finally), when I brought it along to a quick range trip to shoot my Work M&P 40 that I just replaced the recoil spring assembly and installed some Truglo sights with a Unotch rear and nice big orange front.

Apparently S&W changed at some point from a blue recoil spring for 9 & 40, to a green for 40 and 357 sig. My gun had a blue spring in it still, and I bought it as a used former Milwaukee PD gun. So I figured may as well upgrade the recoil spring to the current one and I didn’t know how many rounds the one that was in there had on it.

That’s the mildest 40 polymer gun I’ve ever shot. Shoots easier to me than either of the Glock 22’s (Gens 3 & 4)I had been issued at my previous dept.
    Where did you get the recoil spring assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Where did you get the recoil spring assembly?
    Midwest Gun Works
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/prod...Code=394580000

Probably would’ve been cheaper from Smith, but they don’t have a way to order it online, you have to call and I’m to lazy for that. Lol

User Tag List