Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bed side gun

SAR Combat Master Gen 2 with a center mass laser on it. Yeah, it's the cheapest full sized 9mm I own, but like all my other SAR guns, it's been pretty much flawless, accurate and has had no misfires whatsoever. Besides, it has one of the great grips of all time, IMHO. I have a truly blindingly bright flashlight held under my bedside table with a magnet on it, right next to the CM9. I took a hunk of steel from some box of junk I had and expoxied it to the flashlight, so the gun magnet can hold it up and I know it's not going anywhere. I have the CM9 loaded with a frangible self defense ammo, I can't remember what brand it was, it's 6am, and I've been sleeping badly lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    So you don't want a way to pid a threat? A handheld light could "give away" your position as well. That's not a very good argument
    there's always one combat genius . "A 9mm vs. multiple bad guys = you’re dead." It's stupid comments like this that really make me not want to even engage with the " gun community" Luckily they are the exception not the rule here.
    Last edited by krav51; 11-17-2022 at 07:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    @krav51

Who installed your safety, or did you do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    A shotgun.

A 9mm vs. multiple bad guys = you’re dead.

PS Weapon-mounted lights are a terrible idea, they give away your position and they also force you to point your gun at whatever you want illuminated. Could be your son or daughter.
    I think you’ll find it best to listen to the SMEs here and post opinions like this less.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    @krav51

Who installed your safety, or did you do it yourself?
    https://tenring.com/

Great work ,just inquire about parts availability. The supply of the safety components is erratic at times.

Beretta APX A1 w/ TLR-1 HL and 507c has finally replaced the Beretta 92A1 w/ TLR-1 HL. 147gr HST in 17rnd mags for both.

I also have a 1301 shotgun if I want to redecorate.
    "Follow me!"

Site Supporter
    A Glock 9mm with night sights, nearby Surefire, back up revolver in the same case. A Glock knife, in case attacked by Amazon packaging (major use).

The specific Glock - depends. NO reason for varying them. Thinking about the SRO equipped 17, haven't decided. Long guns available but not immediately. Have to go get them from the locked den of iniquity. Carbine and shotgun. The latter in case the local black bears decide to make the 8 mile hike and for whatever reason decide to rumble (yes, this is ridiculous).

Whatever I’m taking to the range. Right now, I’m in a revolver phase for the weekly USPSA fun shoot, so it’s just a bare-bones DAO 64 K-frame, with 6 rounds of 135 GDHP +P and two extra speedloaders full of the same. I’d get kilt in da streetz for sure, if I was out in them.

Handheld lights, surefire with Malkoff heads—one with a NHshooter lanyard. There’s a phone and some hole-patching kit laying around the room too.

Oh, and a tomahawk. I almost forgot about that… gotta have one of those at hand.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Interesting thread.
    226 Legion SAO, 20 Round Mag, TLR-1 in a Philster Floodlight Holster. Second mag is in the safe and goes in a pocket. (Sometimes the gun is a G34, G17, or DA/SA 226.)

Pistol is in a rapid open safe (children in the house). Key for me is the Philster - it secures the trigger from a fumbled grab, and leaves my hands free if / when I do not need to actively present the weapon.

(secondary primary weapon is Daisy Red Ryder - good for getting midnight critters to go away and letting me get back to sleep without noise and blood shed - I've got neighbors and i don't live in the wide open country. Funny note - we have foxes that someone in the neighborhood is feeding. They have a low fear of people, and while they don't attack my cat (he's vicious), one of the foxes had gotten in the habit of sitting in the street at 1am and barking at the cat (cat likes to sit my front step in the middle of the night). After a a few nights of this it started to get old. Throwing a tennis ball or stick hadn't ended it and the fox wouldn't go too far. So, I figured, the fox just needed to learn his lesson. I didn't want to blind him or hurt him permanently - just wanted him to realize 'that one's not nice' and run off like a normal fox (or at least what I was used to growing up). Went out with a Gen5 G34 MOS loaded up with a 33 round mag and smoked him like a burnt piece of toast...actually no...went with a handheld taclight and the Daisy and those little BBs worked like a charm. He stared at me when I missed on the first shot. The second connected...and he took off like a shot from a gun. That fox doesn't like me now. I almost never see him now, and when I do, the second he gets a visual, audio, or smell cue that it's me...he's gone.)

Quote Originally Posted by 1More View Post
    Interesting thread.
    226 Legion SAO, 20 Round Mag, TLR-1 in a Philster Floodlight Holster. Second mag is in the safe and goes in a pocket. (Sometimes the gun is a G34, G17, or DA/SA 226.)

Pistol is in a rapid open safe (children in the house). Key for me is the Philster - it secures the trigger from a fumbled grab, and leaves my hands free if / when I do not need to actively present the weapon.

(secondary primary weapon is Daisy Red Ryder - good for getting midnight critters to go away and letting me get back to sleep without noise and blood shed - I've got neighbors and i don't live in the wide open country. Funny note - we have foxes that someone in the neighborhood is feeding. They have a low fear of people, and while they don't attack my cat (he's vicious), one of the foxes had gotten in the habit of sitting in the street at 1am and barking at the cat (cat likes to sit my front step in the middle of the night). After a a few nights of this it started to get old. Throwing a tennis ball or stick hadn't ended it and the fox wouldn't go too far. So, I figured, the fox just needed to learn his lesson. I didn't want to blind him or hurt him permanently - just wanted him to realize 'that one's not nice' and run off like a normal fox (or at least what I was used to growing up). Went out with a Gen5 G34 MOS loaded up with a 33 round mag and smoked him like a burnt piece of toast...actually no...went with a handheld taclight and the Daisy and those little BBs worked like a charm. He stared at me when I missed on the first shot. The second connected...and he took off like a shot from a gun. That fox doesn't like me now. I almost never see him now, and when I do, the second he gets a visual, audio, or smell cue that it's me...he's gone.)
    I was running the P226 sao as well, but prefer a dot and the version i had could not be milled. Great gun!

User Tag List