Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bed side gun

Site Supporter
    My nightstand gun forever has been a Glock 17 with a red dot, standard mag, and a light.

However now that I’m mainly carrying and practicing with a 365xl instead of a Glock I’m finding I’m having problems sometimes throwing the first shot or two due to the difference in grip angle whenever I switch from whatever I practiced last, to the alternate. So I put the Glock back in the main safe, and am now just switching to the 17 round macro mag on my xl, and for now am going without a light.

I actually got a jmck light bearing aiwb holster to try out having a light all the time and it’s not bad; but inertia, the desire to keep things simple, and a tiny bit more comfort have kept me without the light so far.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    S&W M65, 3" with CT grips.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Springfield Operator 45 with a TLR-1 HL mounted. A hand-held light sits next to it, along with electronic muffs.

Glock 19 with a tlr7a and 509t. This is my carry gun if I don't need a smaller footprint (g26). Bcm 16 inch is near by in a quick access safe

Site Supporter
    Hk P-30L V1 lem, loaded chamber, attached Streamlight. Hand held light next to it. Behind door is a Stoeger 3000 12ga stoked with Federal buckshot. Chamber empty.

Banned
    A shotgun.

A 9mm vs. multiple bad guys = you’re dead.

PS Weapon-mounted lights are a terrible idea, they give away your position and they also force you to point your gun at whatever you want illuminated. Could be your son or daughter.
    Last edited by mcgivro; 11-16-2022 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    A shotgun.

A 9mm vs. multiple bad guys = you’re dead.

PS Weapon-mounted lights are a terrible idea, they give away your position and they also force you to point your gun at whatever you want illuminated. Could be your son or daughter.
    So you don't want a way to pid a threat? A handheld light could "give away" your position as well. That's not a very good argument

Kimber TLE/RL II - Streamlight TLR1, 10-round mag stuffed in it.

Remington 870 loaded with buckshot, a sling is attached along with a Cloud Defensive OWL.

Hand held lights on each nightstand.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Kimber TLE/RL II - Streamlight TLR1, 10-round mag stuffed in it.

Remington 870 loaded with buckshot, a sling is attached along with a Cloud Defensive OWL.

Hand held lights on each nightstand.

Has your Kimber been pretty reliable? What kind of round count do you have on it?

There is something I like about the TLE guns, but I keep thinking "Kimber, don't do it". Would love to be wrong.

G45
    TLR1HL
    17 mag of 147gr HST
    Ameriglo Protectors

User Tag List