Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I’m personally so tired of Ben’s drama I am withdrawing from his class I was signed up for.
    I was surprised at how smoothly and drama free the class I attended was run. I showed up a little early and if I hadn't known who he was I would have thought he was just another guy taking the class. I wouldn't hesitate to attend another course.

JMO
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I’m personally so tired of Ben’s drama I am withdrawing from his class I was signed up for.
    I would suggest you stay in the class. Despite the internet drama, Stoeger is an excellent instructor. I took one of his classes recently. Well worth the cost, in money, ammo, and vacation time.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I would suggest you stay in the class. Despite the internet drama, Stoeger is an excellent instructor. I took one of his classes recently. Well worth the cost, in money, ammo, and vacation time.

Just my 2 cents.
    I will second this recommendation. I suspect that unless you bring it up (USPSA drama) he won't talk about any of it in class. I took his class several years ago and was impressed with his ability to connect and teach. He puts just as much time in developing his teaching ability/skills as he does his shooting. From my perspective he is equally as passionate about teaching others to shoot as he is improving his own shooting performance. Just my opinion, it is worth what you paid.

If this is the Spring 2023 class in North East Texas, I’ll be there and I encourage still showing up. I’m guaranteed to be the least-skilled student, so no fears there.

I’m here for some technical skills development. Stoeger’s books were great, and I’m very eager to see an in-person lecture. USPSA matches are still the cheapest, easiest way to get in shooting and manipulations (“training”), so I’ll keep
    shooting and ignore the drama.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I’ll keep shooting and ignore the drama.
    Yup. I am one of those old guys who ought to shoot IDPA and quit bothering the Real Competitors but I have a fairly convenient weekly USPSA (TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!) so I just shamble through into the fifth quintile.
    (I do shoot IDPA and can sometimes still make it into the second quintile.)
    Code Name: JET STREAM

…Stoeger and insights deserved it. I’m personally so tired of Ben’s drama I am withdrawing from his class I was signed up for.

I say all that and still think uspsa has some pretty serious issues with its leadership. But I don’t think doxxing them and trying to destroy the BODs lives is the approach to take.
    Wait, what? Can you support that about doxxing? I’m skeptical.

While Ben has posted some harsh memes, I haven’t seen anything like that.

The BoD and USPSA personnel have done far worse, including stalking a member and threatening many others with a frightening abuse of power.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Posting public records isn’t doxxing.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Posting public records isn’t doxxing.
    Which public records are we talking about? USPSA BoD meeting minutes?

I'm responding to the insinuation that Derek doxxed anyone.

He has posted board minutes, court records, and state business filings, all of which were public.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    I'm responding to the insinuation that Derek doxxed anyone.

He has posted board minutes, court records, and state business filings, all of which were public.
    Copy. I didn't mean to imply anything else. Some BoD members have implied and actually claimed that Stoeger was responsible for the Colorado USPSA Nationals fiasco, which Ben categorically denies. I believe Ben, and it's yet another example of outrageous and unprofessional behavior on the part of USPSA.

User Tag List