Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SIG new releases and discontinued models

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I saw the 4.7" 45 has been dropped. Do people still shoot 45s?
    I think they just pick up brass at the range and hoard reloading components at the house.

Site Supporter
    Sig stopped making the P227. I wish they still made it. There are no thread holes in the frame for changing out grips, a different system is used. No worry about hurting aluminum threads. It is easier to reload than a P220 due to the tapered magazine. I also like the extended beavertail on the tacops model. And the mag release can be placed on either side of the frame. I own two and want another just because.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I would probably have at least two P227s if anybody, anywhere, made grips that aren't "E2" style, where the top of the grip is squeezed in like Homer choking Bart.

Not everybody who might want to shoot a .45 has tiny hands, mkay? The USP FS is what it is because for some of us big, northern Europeans and NATO-Americans, it's just right.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    When they discontinued the P239, I knew that my time as a SIG fan was just about up.
    That was a nice pistol. Hard to find now in the used market, especially in 9MM. I've had a bunch of Sigs but they're all gone except that one.

Eventually I think Sig will abandoned all of its alloy P series pistols. No need to get caught up in that.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I would probably have at least two P227s if anybody, anywhere, made grips that aren't "E2" style, where the top of the grip is squeezed in like Homer choking Bart.

Not everybody who might want to shoot a .45 has tiny hands, mkay? The USP FS is what it is because for some of us big, northern Europeans and NATO-Americans, it's just right.
    Sig has me scratching my head with their E2 logic. None of the old magazines fit the E2's. Jeezus, what bone head move that was. Sig has lost it's corporate mind.

H&K will get my business in the future.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-19-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Sig has me scratching my head with their E2 logic. None of the old magazines fit the E2's. Jeezus, what bone head move that was. Sig has lost it's corporate mind.

H&K will get my business in the future.
    What are you talking about ? The E2 grip has no bearing on the fit of the magazines.

Are you talking about the p229-1 frame using the .40 cal mag profile and 15 round mags ? That has nothing to do with the grips. Also the older 13 round P228 mags WILL lock in and function in a 229-1 frame they are just loose and not recommended for carry.

The E2 grip was developed to address issues raised by LE agencies who dropped or were looking to drop SIG p series guns due to issues with the grip screws. The grip screws on the P229 were notorious for coming loose and falling out. The steel screws also screw directly into the aluminum frame so end users gorilla tightening the screws easily strip them out, deadlining the whole gun.

PS. I agree with Olongjohnson thee shape and texture of he E 2 grip sucks.

All the E2 grips I've seen work loose after some use and there's no way to tighten them.

The P Series frame is just a mess with 1/2 the grip frame missing, part of the magwell being the grips, and bare aluminum grip screw threads.

It was designed to be a cheap throw-away gun and it's garbage day....
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 12-19-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    All the E2 grips I've seen work loose after some use and there's no way to tighten them.

The P Series frame is just a mess with 1/2 the grip frame missing, part of the magwell being the grips, and bare aluminum grip screw threads.

It was designed to be a cheap throw-away gun and it's garbage day....
    Pardon, but could you tell us more about E2s working loose, and how to recognize that; please?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    We get it. You have no respect for any gun that's not a 1911.

Any smith who could drill and tap for sights or a scope mount could also install Beretta or 1911 grip screw bushings in a Sig, if needed. It's not rocket surgery.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What are you talking about ? The E2 grip has no bearing on the fit of the magazines.

Are you talking about the p229-1 frame using the .40 cal mag profile and 15 round mags ? That has nothing to do with the grips. Also the older 13 round P228 mags WILL lock in and function in a 229-1 frame they are just loose and not recommended for carry.

The E2 grip was developed to address issues raised by LE agencies who dropped or were looking to drop SIG p series guns due to issues with the grip screws. The grip screws on the P229 were notorious for coming loose and falling out. The steel screws also screw directly into the aluminum frame so end users gorilla tightening the screws easily strip them out, deadlining the whole gun.

PS. I agree with Olongjohnson thee shape and texture of he E 2 grip sucks.
    I'm talking about 9mm. P229-1 and P229-2 use different magazines as the mag well changed. Never owned a 40 so can't comment.

User Tag List