Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New York State Bans High Capacity Thanksgiving Dinners

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I keep seeing this and think.. no way you can piss this far so rock on no pants guy.
    Okay, remember back when you were 18.......

A darling of no mandates, no masks response Sweden has just banned gathering of more than 8 people.

Glad that ABBA is a quartet so they can still get on a stage and perform live for us.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

So, to summarize:

Covid is still a hoax, jet fuel can't melt steel beams, PPE=tyranny, FEMA has secret death camps, DHS bought tons of ammo to execute citizens, Jade Helm 15 was for a hostile military takeover, the Fix NICS Act was designed to abolish the 2nd Amendment, water fluoridation is a communist plot, contrails from jets are actually streams of mind-control drugs being dumped on society, vaccines cause autism.

Got it.

These are all opinions, and I won't get into debating them. What isn't an opinion is what my wife is observing at work with regards to her investigations of covid spreading at workplaces, and the prevalence of covid spreading at workplaces who follow guidelines vs places who think it's a hoax and that masks are a symbol of tyranny. It turns out that when people think they're at risk of dying they tend to seek medical help and the vigor of their conspiracy theory dies out. So, contact tracing is pretty effective at finding out who/what/where/when/why, no forced tests or executions of people who refuse a test needed (I'm really trying to grasp the mental gymnastics on that one, but whatever).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    So, to summarize:

Covid is still a hoax, jet fuel can't melt steel beams, PPE=tyranny, FEMA has secret death camps, DHS bought tons of ammo to execute citizens, Jade Helm 15 was for a hostile military takeover, the Fix NICS Act was designed to abolish the 2nd Amendment, water fluoridation is a communist plot, contrails from jets are actually streams of mind-control drugs being dumped on society, vaccines cause autism.

Got it.

These are all opinions, and I won't get into debating them. What isn't an opinion is what my wife is observing at work with regards to her investigations of covid spreading at workplaces, and the prevalence of covid spreading at workplaces who follow guidelines vs places who think it's a hoax and that masks are a symbol of tyranny. It turns out that when people think they're at risk of dying they tend to seek medical help and the vigor of their conspiracy theory dies out. So, contact tracing is pretty effective at finding out who/what/where/when/why, no forced tests or executions of people who refuse a test needed (I'm really trying to grasp the mental gymnastics on that one, but whatever).

What if COVID is here to stay, like the flu, pneumonia, or the common cold? Is this how we live for the rest of our lives?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    A darling of no mandates, no masks response Sweden has just banned gathering of more than 8 people.

Glad that ABBA is a quartet so they can still get on a stage and perform live for us.
    One does not speak Its Name!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    What if COVID is here to stay, like the flu, pneumonia, or the common cold? Is this how we live for the rest of our lives?
    I don't think it's worthwhile to go down "what ifs", especially ones that aren't likely. I've heard of no indications that covid is here to stay for the rest of our lives. In the interest of not talking past each other, I'm not going to assume what "is this how we live" entails, as "this" can vary quite a bit from state to state. It even varies from my post to other overseas USG posts as well. I'm sure there are places that are going full retard, but the correct response to that is not absurdity on the opposite end of the spectrum. Likewise, I haven't seen any fervor in formal policy that we are not supposed to accept the fact that people will die and the virus killing people is simply a natural course that we cannot reverse no matter what we do......I don't think anyone is more witness to such realities than the people on the frontline against Covid (the medical community), and that is reflected in the policies they're developing as well as the vaccine they refuse to rush to the market because as any of my med brethren will join me in chorus of the creed we operate under: Do Know Harm, Do No Harm.

I also don't buy into the false equivalencies offered in this thread, such as this being the same appeal as "but if gun control saved just one child!". It's apples and oranges. My guns, and my self, nor the aggregate American gun owner, are responsible for a pandemic that has killed 250,000 Americans YTD where someone is simply asking you to prevent the spread of the virus so that our hospital systems don't get overloaded. I think more than the conspiracy/tin-foil/looney bin side of the coin, what disturbs me more about it is the indifference towards human life. The fact that someone's imaginary battle against tyranny in their head is manifested against PPE during the worlds biggest pandemic in 100 years and that their manifestation and need to make their defiant, valiant stand to prove they're the last true American on Earth is more important than taking minimally inconvenient, reasonable measures against the spread of the virus which HAS resulted in unnecessary deaths.....that's not the point of liberty. We should all still feel an obligation to our community to act in responsible manners, regardless of the fact that we have the option to be a piece of shit.

The idea that chest-thumping about how "I'm not afraid" and "ThIZ iS TyRANnY!!1!" can possibly more important than someone's life when it comes to donning PPE during a pandemic...now, that's just downright disgusting. As a fairly hedonistic person, I find that to be the epitome of malicious selfishness....

I realize that this observation is probably lost on the people that it applies to, and it likely only reinforces the manifestation in their head; I can only speculate what sort of damaged human being is a prerequisite to the "anti-mask movement". It's just an observation of mine that I'm sharing, I'm not necessarily trying to change anyone's mind as I understand that's a lost cause.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    So, to summarize:

Got it.

Who believes it’s a hoax?

I don't think it's worthwhile to go down "what ifs", especially ones that aren't likely. I've heard of no indications that covid is here to stay for the rest of our lives. In the interest of not talking past each other, I'm not going to assume what "is this how we live" entails, as "this" can vary quite a bit from state to state. It even varies from my post to other overseas USG posts as well. I'm sure there are places that are going full retard, but the correct response to that is not absurdity on the opposite end of the spectrum. Likewise, I haven't seen any fervor in formal policy that we are not supposed to accept the fact that people will die and the virus killing people is simply a natural course that we cannot reverse no matter what we do......I don't think anyone is more witness to such realities than the people on the frontline against Covid (the medical community), and that is reflected in the policies they're developing as well as the vaccine they refuse to rush to the market because as any of my med brethren will join me in chorus of the creed we operate under: Do Know Harm, Do No Harm.

I also don't buy into the false equivalencies offered in this thread, such as this being the same appeal as "but if gun control saved just one child!". It's apples and oranges. My guns, and my self, nor the aggregate American gun owner, are responsible for a pandemic that has killed 250,000 Americans YTD where someone is simply asking you to prevent the spread of the virus so that our hospital systems don't get overloaded. I think more than the conspiracy/tin-foil/looney bin side of the coin, what disturbs me more about it is the indifference towards human life. The fact that someone's imaginary battle against tyranny in their head is manifested against PPE during the worlds biggest pandemic in 100 years and that their manifestation and need to make their defiant, valiant stand to prove they're the last true American on Earth is more important than taking minimally inconvenient, reasonable measures against the spread of the virus which HAS resulted in unnecessary deaths.....that's not the point of liberty. We should all still feel an obligation to our community to act in responsible manners, regardless of the fact that we have the option to be a piece of shit.

The idea that chest-thumping about how "I'm not afraid" and "ThIZ iS TyRANnY!!1!" can possibly more important than someone's life when it comes to donning PPE during a pandemic...now, that's just downright disgusting. As a fairly hedonistic person, I find that to be the epitome of malicious selfishness....

I realize that this observation is probably lost on the people that it applies to, and it likely only reinforces the manifestation in their head; I can only speculate what sort of damaged human being is a prerequisite to the "anti-mask movement". It's just an observation of mine that I'm sharing, I'm not necessarily trying to change anyone's mind as I understand that's a lost cause.
    I’m signing up additional accounts just so I can like this more than once. Bullseye.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Who believes it’s a hoax?
    Ok, fess up. You’re actually an AI bot project for some Aggie, right?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Ok, fess up. You’re actually an AI bot project for some Aggie, right?

Por supesto. Yo soy.

The man made a serious charge. I’m asking who claims that the virus is a hoax. I have seen no one on this forum do so.

User Tag List