Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests at a LEO's home.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I just wish we had a dumb ass button.
    Well if we did then I'd have about twenty notifications a day...

It's illuminating that the very same folks who deride the 2A and responsible gun ownership, seem to have no issues with the illegal brandishing of, (and menacing with), weapons by the champions of "defund the police", rioting, burning, looting, and general mayhem.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's illuminating that the very same folks who deride the 2A and responsible gun ownership, seem to have no issues with the illegal brandishing of, (and menacing with), weapons by the champions of "defund the police", rioting, burning, looting, and general mayhem.
    I have yet to hear the press refer to them as "assault rifles" when used in this context. May have happened, but I haven't heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I have yet to hear the press refer to them as "assault rifles" when used in this context. May have happened, but I haven't heard it.
    Comrade,
    You must understand this is not part of the narrative, just like the fact we are not to observe that they are flaunting the COVID gathering restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Simple question: Is a group of people, some with long guns at the low ready, who have made it clear they are targeting an individual for their ire protected activity in your world view?
    Depends on what you mean by "targeting." If you mean directing lawful protests toward an individual, I say yes. Armed NRA members are free to gather in front of WLP's compound to protest financial malfeasance, but aren't free to explicitly threaten him with violence.

If yes, how does this differ from KKK tactics
    Aside from the lack of lynchings, firebombs, and flaming crosses? If the protest is peaceful & lawful it is a protest. If not, it is probably more of a riot. That distinction should be based on the actions of the actors and not the political leanings of their movement.

or any other example of mob/warlord rule?
    You mean like colonial times when Boston's beloved Sons of Liberty were vandalizing and hanging effigies in front of the homes of those tasked with enforcing British law (e.g. Andrew Oliver)?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And how does stopping and restraining uninvolved neighbors by threatening deadly force work out as a 'peaceful protest' likewise?
    Unintentionally causing neighbors delay due to crowding & congestion is peaceful. Intentionally detaining someone is not.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Yeah, it seems like we've been down the road of armed protest before. I don't know where the notion that the right to protest and to simultaneously open carry longarms in the most threatening manner possible are unlimited in scope, but it's a very modern invention.

I would not cry a single tear if I woke up tomorrow and the Texas state lege decided that open carry of a long gun required not only the use of a sling but that the long gun had to be carried on the back and not over the front of the chest. That, of course, doesn't address the whole "dozen armed men show up outside your house" aspect... but it does force them to change some of the undesirable behavior if they want to remain legally protected.
    Would you be okay if in a few years Texas' impending blue wave decided the 2A covered only muskets carried right shoulder?

Are you objecting to the speed with which a weapon can be deployed? Low ready is just too ready, too fast - but forward slung isn't?

Or are you objecting to the display of gun culture you dislike? No serious student of the gun should carry an unslung rifle so people without slings or who choose not to use them offend your sense of decency?

My mother used to have a phrase which comes to mind..."are you helpless or hopeless?"

(Of course, she never used the phrase in regard to me. )

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Would you be okay if in a few years Texas' impending blue wave decided the 2A covered only muskets carried right shoulder?
    That is a comical exaggeration of the position several people here are taking.

Are you objecting to the speed with which a weapon can be deployed? Low ready is just too ready, too fast - but forward slung isn't?
    Allow me to simplify further: a weapon at low ready has already been deployed.

See also: Foster, Garret.
    Last edited by jh9; 08-10-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My mother used to have a phrase which comes to mind..."are you helpless or hopeless?"

(Of course, she never used the phrase in regard to me. )
    "Bless his heart" also comes to mind.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I’m not sure if you’re genuinely confused, or being intentionally obtuse. Or perhaps you’re an antifa sympathizer...

Let’s try to make it easy. Hands on the grip of the rifle is threatening. It’s not protesting. It’s not a first amendment protected activity. The sling is the equivalent of a holster to a handgun.

Threatening:

These threatening poses with a long gun are the same as these threatening poses with a pistol:

Non-Threatening:

Here’s one that has both. Guy on left is a threat. Guy on right is not. I don’t know how to make this any more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post

I'm not sure if "Come and Take It!" is a "threat" or a "provocation". In either case, I'm in.

User Tag List