Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1742

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

.308! I want to learn my recoil control and wind calling. Abundant factory loads is also a benefit.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter

Long Guns eh?

Name:  AE07602D-93AC-4C75-942D-7D16898B8ED1.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  06D99218-6AD3-476F-88B3-F98F294B1F61.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  76.4 KB

This is my .54 caliber flintlock, with a 42” barrel. I only use real black powder and have taken a few deer with it. I built it with a lot of help from a friend of mine named Jimmy Blanks, who is a retired game warden, and accomplished longrifle gunsmith.

Site Supporter
    Name:  12097F33-739D-4662-BE21-6DA0E30631FC.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  101.8 KB

Name:  17100BF6-A27B-45C1-B5C5-4792F42E3025.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  101.5 KB

Couple more pics. Mr. Blanks also made the powder horn. I stitched together the possibles bag. That photo was from when it was new. After twelve years hunting with it, tramping through cut overs it looks pretty rough and needs to be replaced. I’ll probably refinish the rifle in the not too distant future as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    .308! I want to learn my recoil control and wind calling. Abundant factory loads is also a benefit.
    That’s a great choice; I built my Tikka in.223 for the same reasons. Let me know how you like the Bushnell. I have a DMRII Pro and don’t see much love for a great optic line.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    That’s a great choice; I built my Tikka in.223 for the same reasons. Let me know how you like the Bushnell. I have a DMRII Pro and don’t see much love for a great optic line.
    The Bushnell pro series is generally under rated, which is ok by me as it translates into under priced / bargains on the used market.
    The Ukrainians selected the Bushnell 3.5-21 Pro series for their domestically produced AR-10 DMR prior to the current war. I haven’t heard any complaints about it.

Years ago, I had a Bushnell Elite 3200, 10X.
    It was a hell of a scope for the money.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Found a couple neat things at the LGS. Mixmaster 20" AR on an Esential Arms pre-ban cast lower and a Savage model 11 scout in .308.

I didn't know anything about the AR but I have been jonesing hard for an M16A2 clone and for $575 it was too tempting. I have some nice A2 handguards laying around and probably a grip too so I can make it look the part. The lower is cast and the company has a hit-of-miss rep from what I read. This particular one seems functional but the pins are tight and it doesn't line up well with the upper. I read some ban states let you do what you want with pre-1994 AWB lowers so maybe I'll see if someone there would be intrested in it.

I'll admit I got a little excited and was thinking the Savage 11 was the current 110 model scout so the $500 price isn't as great as I thought it was but I still got a solid .308 rifle in very nice condition so whatever. The scount mags were a weak point since it's just a plastic extension on the regulsr flush mags. I'll research and weigh my options on that after I shoot the gun and decide if I really like it.

I'll get a better pic this weekend when I take them to the range.

Name:  double score.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  69.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Nice grab. The stripped lower is probably worth $600 to someone in a state that still has a ban in place.

I had a complete preban EA carbine for a few years during the ban. It always worked fine when I needed it.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    The stripped lower is probably worth $600 to someone in a state that still has a ban in place.
    Dang, didn't think it'd be worth that much. I would probably let it go for the cost of a new production forged lower. Plus the satisfaction of undermining stupid gun laws, even if just a tiny bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Dang, didn't think it'd be worth that much. I would probably let it go for the cost of a new production forged lower. Plus the satisfaction of undermining stupid gun laws, even if just a tiny bit.
    If I can trust the buyer won't buy it and profit off me, then it would be a nice gesture for sure.

Both of the pre ban lowers I had were purchased at a premium during the ban, and I sold them for that to guys in ban states. They were very grateful.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List