Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I can’t remember the last time I got this nerdy about a gun!
    The Rattler has become my daily companion. The GR1 sits besides the bed and goes out most everywhere I do.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So, both YVK and Talionis told me tonight to come check out what Craig is up to in this thread. Gone from simple larping to serious tools. No disrespect to his shooting, but if Craig came after me with that hammer, I don’t know what I would do.
    Anyone who has ever put on a FIST helmet knows - there is a fine line between masochistic and suicidal.

@SouthNarc wielding a collapsible sledgehammer is on the suicidal side of the line. The only appropriate response is to run...or collapse into the fetal position and beg for @Paul Sharp to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Anyone who has ever put on a FIST helmet knows - there is a fine line between masochistic and suicidal.

@SouthNarc wielding a collapsible sledgehammer is on the suicidal side of the line. The only appropriate response is to run...or collapse into the fetal position and beg for @Paul Sharp to save you.
    Nobody wants a sledgehammer to the taint.

For those of us with much smaller budgets, for multi-function hammers, I have kept an earlier version of this in my truck, and patrol car, for a while:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-...-100488979-_-N

The balance/heft does not inspire me to want to Name it, or to pack it around, in a daypack, but I reckoned I’d put it out there, for y’all’s consideration.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

With my right rotator cuff being so gimpy, I should carry a Remington Tac-14 as a breaching tool. Now, to search for the perfect pack/bag, to carry a 300 BLK AR pistol, plus a 12 gauge pump “Other” firearm.

Actually, I have one, an Eberlestock Big Trick, which can swallow a 26” “Other,” without the need to extend the “tail” portion of the weapon sleeve. It is a bit big, however, for an urban day pack.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    With my right rotator cuff being so gimpy, I should carry a Remington Tac-14 as a breaching tool. Now, to search for the perfect pack/bag, to carry a 300 BLK AR pistol, plus a 12 gauge pump “Other” firearm.

Actually, I have one, an Eberlestock Big Trick, which can swallow a 26” “Other,” without the need to extend the “tail” portion of the weapon sleeve. It is a bit big, however, for an urban day pack.
    Gonna look like Arnold in the first Terminator!!

I'm pretty sure - if you were to pay your 5 bucks for an AOW stamp - you could mount your Tac-14 to your AR-pistol in a Masterkey-type setup. In fact, you could even go shorter than the 14" barrel, because it's an AOW. The AR pistol - not having a stock - means the AR's pistol grip becomes the shotgun's pistol-grip. So you don't run afoul of SBS regulations.

I'm not saying you should do this. I'm just saying if you're gonna carry a shotgun for breaching an AR shot defense you might as well go all in, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm pretty sure - if you were to pay your 5 bucks for an AOW stamp - you could mount your Tac-14 to your AR-pistol in a Masterkey-type setup. In fact, you could even go shorter than the 14" barrel, because it's an AOW. The AR pistol - not having a stock - means the AR's pistol grip becomes the shotgun's pistol-grip. So you don't run afoul of SBS regulations.

I'm not saying you should do this. I'm just saying if you're gonna carry a shotgun for breaching an AR shot defense you might as well go all in, dude.
    True. That is, however, quite a bit of weight, concentrated in one weapon, so not much of a problem for a muscular SWAT type, for running a raid, that is over and done within minutes. If I have to bail, due to my vehicle being damaged, in conditions that I would want a weapon in my hands, the weight of any one weapon would soon matter, very much. Plus, two separate long firearms would mean that I could hand one to my wife. She usually carries a handgun, but rarely a long weapon.)

Edited to add: I do have a Remington Tac-14 Marine Magnum. As soon as I realized that my LEOSA-conferred handgun carry privileges might expire, during the COVID shut-down, I started shopping for one of these “Other Firearms,” as Texas law is quite long-gun-friendly. A Tac-14 is actually only slightly shorter than my old 870P, with its stock swapped for a Pachmayr Vindicator pistol grip, as the “Shockwave” grip has to extend far enough to keep the weapon over 26” OAL, with the Tac-14’s 14” barrel.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-10-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I think a cordless grinder and a few zip disks along with a light chain and a padlock or some 3/16 Amsteel line might suit the LARP better than smashing your way in or breaching with a Masterkey. Would take a little longer but you'd be able to secure the entry behind you instead of leaving a gaping 'He went this way' sign.

True. That is, however, quite a bit of weight, concentrated in one weapon, so not much of a problem for a muscular SWAT type, for running a raid, that is over and done within minutes. If I have to bail, due to my vehicle being damaged, in conditions that I would want a weapon in my hands, the weight of each individual component would soon matter, very much. Plus, two separate long firearms would mean that I could hand one to my wife. (If I bring guns, she tends to bring only a J-Snub.)
    Rex, you're killing my fun here.

I'm with you, it's a relatively impractical tool. And in fact, we basically see breachers opting for pistol-grip shotguns for that type of breaching and then moving to a rifle or buckshot within the shotgun, instead of a 'masterkey' type setup.

The breachpens that @underhook linked to - https://breachpen.com/ - Are pretty interesting - given they look like the size and weight of roughly a road flare.

Those, plus a lightweight - pry/breaching bar - like the County Comm EOD - https://countycomm.com/collections/v...s-breacher-bar could be a good combo for entry that doesn't weigh a lot. Add a window punch and you've probably got all the bases covered.

Or use a collapsible sledgehammer and pry tool. Break glass, break locks, pry open doors, destroy cars, fight The Hulk as you cosplay Thor. Really the hammer is where it is at.

User Tag List