Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger 44 SPL Quinn Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    I am very eager to get my hands on one of these. Looks perfect. I even have a little SDM gold bead brand new in its little baggy that has been looking for a home! Add gold bead, bob hammer, change to my old pair of Pach Compacs (the wood grips would be put up for days when someone would see it) and done.

You know, I would have laughed if 10 years ago you had told me that Ruger would be making all the hot stuff and I would be lining up to buy their guns new as fast as I could, but a pile of New Model Flat Tops, Single Sevens, LCPs, .44 spl GP 100s later....
    I think this already has a gold bead front, even.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Let's call it the .41 Ruger Special. AFAIK, it's not a SAAMI-designated cartridge, so if people can persuade Ruger to name it after their company, maybe they'll make the gun.
    They'll only go for it if Hornady tells them it's their idea.

Back on my usual hobbyhorse, did anyone else notice the atrocious surface finish on the back of the cylinder at 15:18 in the video? It's some classic bad machining. Wrong speed, wrong tool, dull or chipped insert. Something seriously not right.

https://youtu.be/dLm7uhpd3H0?t=919

Would make me sad every time I saw it if I got one like that.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 02-19-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    10mm autorim? .40 S&W autorim? That could effectively get us the .41 Special.

Those interested can ask Starline to make the brass. The point might be made that there are factory guns already for shooting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I mean just regular old 10mm, I like saying "clips"
    What I like about revolvers is that I don't need anything besides the gun and the cartridges to make them go bang. No clips, magazines or any of that tomfoolery.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I am like Stephanie, I am pretty much a sixshooter type. If it only holds five, it should fit a pocket.

While I do have .44 dies and brass, I had rather have a .45 for which I have a dedicated Dillon. S&W made a .45 ACP/AR 'Springfield Armory Commemorative" with tapered barrel on the 1950/Mountain Gun pattern that would do nicely, a bit lighter than my sawn off M25 IDPA revolver.

Failing that, I have data for 200 gr .357 from 800 - 1050 fps that would scratch any new heavy bullet revolver itch and work from a lot more different guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    There is a ton of load data out there depending on what a person wants to do. Light target loads or loads that are pushing 44 Mag performance are all out there.

With that said, much of the data is from decades ago. Powders like Unique and 2400 are easy to find data. Maybe not so much with stuff like 572 or BE86.

Something to keep in mind is old data for 2400 and some stuff may be outdated as powders occasionally get "improved" by the manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Ive heard that. Ive also heard that If they change it in any way than the name needs to change."

Powder company speaks with forked tongue.
    Hodgdon, now controlling WW, IMR, Western, Accurate, and own brand powders has done a lot of shuffling of their portfolio. They put the same name or number on powders while changing sources even as the powder mills change locations and formulations. They want that brand recognition but caveat "use current data."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I am like Stephanie, I am pretty much a sixshooter type. If it only holds five, it should fit a pocket.

While I do have .44 dies and brass, I had rather have a .45 for which I have a dedicated Dillon. S&W made a .45 ACP/AR 'Springfield Armory Commemorative" with tapered barrel on the 1950/Mountain Gun pattern that would do nicely, a bit lighter than my sawn off M25 IDPA revolver.

Failing that, I have data for 200 gr .357 from 800 - 1050 fps that would scratch any new heavy bullet revolver itch and work from a lot more different guns.

"Ive heard that. Ive also heard that If they change it in any way than the name needs to change."

Powder company speaks with forked tongue.
    Hodgdon, now controlling WW, IMR, Western, Accurate, and own brand powders has done a lot of shuffling of their portfolio. They put the same name or number on powders while changing sources even as the powder mills change locations and formulations. They want that brand recognition but caveat "use current data."
    There's a local shop that has a m25 mountain gun. Its $1200 so outside my budget but Ive certainly fantasized about selling a case of 556 for it

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When I hit the lotto I'm gonna be the Oprah of Revolvers. Until then, you guys will have to pay for your own wheelies, sorry dudes, dudettes, and all non-binary identifying duderinos.

@Hansohn Brothers - I'll hit you guys up for my order and I suggest @jetfire do the same if he isn't going through his local crack dealer.
    Hmmmm Lipsey's is roughly 8 miles from where I am sitting right now..... Timing isn't great on this one though. Just bought a bunch of new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Okay so I've got:

@RevolverRob
    @jetfire
    @Crazy Dane
    @revolvergeek

@Totem Polar - Come on buddy those new lenses need a gold bead front sight and .44s

That would be 1% of this entire run allocated to P-Fers (if we convince Totem to pull the trigger).
    This gun is a real looker—and is bound to be collectible. That said, I’m out: I’ve owned a pile of .44special revolvers, and I always ends up selling them to a reloader during a fit of “caliber consolidation” on my end.

Plus, I just stopped by my favorite magic, cornucopia, mom n pop LGS on the way home from getting a rock chip repair on my windshield, and they had just put out a nice, 2.75” Ruger Speed Six. For 4 bills OTD. I’ll be sure to post pics when it passes out of my state’s byzantine background check process.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Video from Jason @ Lipsey's. Don't remember whether it was linked earlier, but here it is again.

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Let's call it the .41 Ruger Special. AFAIK, it's not a SAAMI-designated cartridge, so if people can persuade Ruger to name it after their company, maybe they'll make the gun.
    Yes! The GP-100 would be awesome in .41 Special!

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This is why I roll with 10mm for sixguns

That’s what’s on my hip right now.

10mm autorim?

Those interested can ask Starline to make the brass. The point might be made that there are factory guns already for shooting it.
    I already have spoken to Starline. They’ll make it but the minimum order was a bit out of my budget, something like 50,000.

User Tag List