Page 30 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I wonder if using the new 17rnd follower and maybe springplate in 12 rnd mags would add any capacity.
    Hmmm… this would be interesting to try.

My plan right now is to get two 17 rounders when they are released as reloads for my P365 and P365XL - supposedly they will ship with sleeves for both.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Does running the 17 rnd follower, spring and springplate in a 15 rnd mag tube and baseplate add additional rounds? Seems like a factory Magguts version. I wonder if using the new 17rnd follower and maybe springplate in 12 rnd mags would add any capacity.
    The spring plate isn’t compatible with the 12 rounds spring. Like @JCN noted the last coil is smaller on the 17 round spring. There’s really no swapping of mag parts unless someone makes custom parts. The followers can’t be swapped either. The 17 spring tapers at the top also. It’s able to stack coils at the top and bottom when compressed.

Name:  608E9B8D-2208-4D86-8783-DAB8CCC5F1F7.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  100.9 KB
    Name:  6A1D16E1-3427-46A2-9080-CC4EF28C9D8B.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  82.4 KB
    Name:  831473AB-4CC3-4812-9E9B-24D7618D7FA0.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  96.3 KB

Shot 255 rounds through it today with mostly the stock slide but also ran the xl slide on it. Had 2 light strikes when I first put the xl slide on it. None with the macro slide and lower.

I’m my opinion the difference from macro to xl is greater than xl to standard 365.

I was pulling Sub .20 splits at 7 yards with the macro whereas I’m about .21-25 with the p365xl.

Dot tracking is better on the macro slide compared to xl on macro lower.

7 yard bill drill

https://youtube.com/shorts/o4U7qNeN_nM?feature=share

What velocity will you get out of a macro slide? 3.1 inch barrel plus the built in comp/chamber? Hoping 147 grain gold dot will still run through it.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What velocity will you get out of a macro slide? 3.1 inch barrel plus the built in comp/chamber? Hoping 147 grain gold dot will still run through it.
    I’ll take my chrono next session and see how it compares to a standard 365 and xl.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I’ll take my chrono next session and see how it compares to a standard 365 and xl.
    147 gr gold dot will probably be around <1000 fps from that barrel.

Same barrel as the regular P365 and a compensator doesn’t meaningfully add velocity if it’s not coupled to an extended / threaded barrel.

Gold Dot is significantly more affected by velocity differences than HST.

Any speculation on when Sig will adopt the new optic cut pattern, as standard, on factory new P365XLs?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee View Post
    Any speculation on when Sig will adopt the new optic cut pattern, as standard, on factory new P365XLs?
    I’ve been told by our firearms office that LE SKU guns from places like Proven Outfitters are already coming with the new optic cut pattern. I’m assuming that anything produced going forward will have the newer optic cut. It’s probably going to be a little bit before all of the new/old stock guns currently in inventory at dealers and distributors gets sold to make room for the new stuff.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    147 gr gold dot will probably be around <1000 fps from that barrel.

Same barrel as the regular P365 and a compensator doesn’t meaningfully add velocity if it’s not coupled to an extended / threaded barrel.

Gold Dot is significantly more affected by velocity differences than HST.
    I thought I read a while back that about two years they tweaked the Federal HST FMJ HP line of ammo to offer slightly more penetration and less expansion than the original HST ammo. Also, not a big fan of LCI cut barrels, especially on pistols with RDS’s, as they seem to dirty up the optics lens with carbon/powder blow back. The new revision
    P365 and P320 optic cut slides move the optic location closer to the ejection port. I would rather have the LCI on the extractor. Does anyone know anyone that manufactures a **quality** non LCI barrels for the P365 pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve been told by our firearms office that LE SKU guns from places like Proven Outfitters are already coming with the new optic cut pattern. I’m assuming that anything produced going forward will have the newer optic cut. It’s probably going to be a little bit before all of the new/old stock guns currently in inventory at dealers and distributors gets sold to make room for the new stuff.
    Thank you. I recently shot the 365XL, for the first time. I'm fully sold on the gun, except for the sight plate concept. Since cooler weather is coming, I'll stick to my larger guns until next Summer.

In the meantime, I'm eagerly looking forward to the optic cuts being updated.

User Tag List