Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Negligent discharge while holstered?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    There are more than a few brands and styles of outdoor style pants that have drawstrings inside the waistband. Ex Oficio is an example.
    Thanks. Good point.

Eh, nevermind
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 06-12-2018 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Eh...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I started looking at some of the comments posted under the video on the Truth About Guns website and ran across this. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...red-holstered/.
    From the article: "...But the issue was that the retaining safety pin walked out about 1/8” during shooting. "

It this referencing a roll pin through the trigger shoe? (I'm unfamiliar with ZEV triggers, but the Overwatch I have has two roll pins through the shoe, inside the trigger guard)
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    From the article: "...But the issue was that the retaining safety pin walked out about 1/8” during shooting. "

It this referencing a roll pin through the trigger shoe? (I'm unfamiliar with ZEV triggers, but the Overwatch I have has two roll pins through the shoe, inside the trigger guard)
    Zev uses screws, IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post

The article is poorly worded - but I believe a pin backed out and was wearing a hole into the kydex. The raised portion of the kydex is what tripped the trigger.

Long story short - if you want a light trigger on a gun - get one with a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Die FliperMas View Post
    As stated earlier a modified Glock is no longer a Glock it is a <your name here> gun. I am specifically referring to the modification of the Glock's internal mechanisms. Changing the Glock factory "Sight Hole Protectors" with aftermarket sights does not change the internal operations of the gun. Changing or modifying the internal mechanisms of the Glock invalidate the design parameters of the pistol and make it into a <your name here> gun.
    So where is the line where the gun is no longer a Glock? What about guide rod? That’s internal. Or is it only the firing mechanism? My 43 has a stock firing mechanism, but an Apex physical trigger? That’s no longer a Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    So where is the line where the gun is no longer a Glock? What about guide rod? That’s internal. Or is it only the firing mechanism? My 43 has a stock firing mechanism, but an Apex physical trigger? That’s no longer a Glock?
    Aftermarket triggers change the pretravel of the gun, which is a designed safety feature of a Glock. If you are changing safety features of a Glock pistol it is no longer a Glock. It WAS a Glock that you changed the design of.

I say this as a reformed aftermarket parts guy that now runs stock glocks because of what I just listed.
    Last edited by JCS; 06-13-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Good question and thank you for bringing this up. What I am referring to is the manufacturer's perspective. I do not work for GLOCK or any other gun manufacturer. Most gun manufacturers will likely decline to provide warranty service on a modified gun. Most manufacturers will however provide warranty service on their weapons long after the warranty has expired, Glock included. So, once you have modified your weapon you are on your own for service. That is all I meant by the <your name here> gun comment. It is a bit easier for a prosecutor to label you as a "gun nut" when you use a modified gun in a justified defensive engagement though. So this is a bit of a concern as well.

I am not suggesting that no one should ever modify their gun. Just recognize that in so doing, you are on your own with regard to service and a bit more vulnerable to an aggressive prosecutor looking for their next victim.

I keep expecting to see a WTT post:

Looking to trade an awesome Glock 43 package — highly modified Glock 43 with competition trigger, Incog holster, only fired once, for stock Glock 43 and Perun holster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I keep expecting to see a WTT post:

Looking to trade an awesome Glock 43 package — highly modified Glock 43 with competition trigger, Incog holster, only fired once, for stock Glock 43 and Perun holster.
    Looking for SA/DA pistols and/or sessions with a licensed physical therapist

User Tag List