Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW Straight knives

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    No. DJ sends them like this so you can do what you like with them.
    Lol, what if what you like is for them to come with scales from the get go?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Lol, what if what you like is for them to come with scales from the get go?
    With enough money, I'm sure anything is possible. It's not gonna be a $99 knife at that point, though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is for blues and Wondering Beard. Some Polkowski blades. Note the AIWB sheaths.

Name:  IMG_0111.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  100.7 KB

Nice!!

Nice, Damon. Thanks for posting 'em up.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm working my way through this thread. There is a ton of information!

Does anyone have experience with Halloran knives. Specifically this model http://www.halloranknives.com/index....page=page&id=8

Looking for a recommendation for a fixed blade for a non permissive environment. I'm not able to carry a gun a lot of the day and would like to get a fixed blade to carry when I can't have a gun.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post

Does anyone have experience with Halloran knives. Specifically this model http://www.halloranknives.com/index....page=page&id=8

Looking for a recommendation for a fixed blade for a non permissive environment. I'm not able to carry a gun a lot of the day and would like to get a fixed blade to carry when I can't have a gun.
    I've only handled one briefly and felt it was loads of handle for minimal blade.

Regardless of the methodology you subscribe to I think you can do a little better for an NPE.

How are you thinking to carry it?

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post

I had a three finger and it's a good knife. I'd get another Halloran in a heartbeat. Depends how you will carry, RD might be a little thinner. Talk with Tom, he'll set you up.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I've only handled one briefly and felt it was loads of handle for minimal blade.

Regardless of the methodology you subscribe to I think you can do a little better for an NPE.

How are you thinking to carry it?

I'm not committed to a certain mode of carry. Although I think having a couple sheaths would serve me well. When I am at work I wear a uniform with a tucked in shirt so having a tuckable sheath would be ideal. I would also like to carry it in places like church in which a gun isn't allowed but I usually wear an untucked shirt.

Lastly if I get one I would want to carry it while I'm carrying a pistol aiwb. I like the idea of having a knife that can be used for everyday tasks so I don't know if a cp would suit me well.
    Last edited by JCS; 12-25-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have a bunch (some might say too many) knives from Tom Halloran. I don't have any experience with the STX, but I do have an SEAX and I think the standard size STX is about the same size. If so, it's pretty big knife for a NPE. My favorite is his reduced size Pikal (I have small hands). Tom is a great guy and makes great knives.
    What would be your recommendation(s) for a smaller npe knife. The pikal?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List