Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NYPD Gun Licensing Unit Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    In Democrat governments, City Hall becomes a vending machine to the wealthy.
    Exactly, and that is one of the reasons why the Dems are much more eager to ban law-abiding citizens from owning guns, or require them to get licenses, than doing something about gangs with illegal guns.

There is no "vig" in trying to stop poor kids from killing each other, but licensing schemes mean that you can shake down your citizens for some real money. Here, probably most of the people who paid for carry licenses were Orthodox Jewish diamond dealers or high-end electronics merchants or businessmen who might have to carry large amounts of cash to deposit. They needed the guns for protection and were faced with a system in which their request would take forever only to be denied in the end.

So they did the normal thing for citizens who live in a place where the government is predatory--they paid up and treated it as a business expense. Just one more shakedown in a city in which much of the government is simply a shakedown scheme (they probably have to pay off the building inspectors as well).

Meanwhile the lefty politicians who are in overall charge of this racket they call city government, all brag about how they are devoted to the "people," and the rich liberals who can buy their way out of the rules that oppress the normal citizens are smug and superior about how enlightened they are, all the while supporting this corruption (and often paying their illegal alien nannies far less than the minimum wage).

I really want to see the entire package on Donald Trumps permit. Where HE filled out all the forms in his handwriting, how long it took and what his process looked like........and if it took almost a year...what is going to do to fix that.

I have suspicion that he did not go through the same process as the little people.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 04-22-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I really want to see the entire package on Donald Trumps permit. Where HE filled out all the forms in his handwriting, how long it took and what his process looked like........and if it took almost a year...what is going to do to fix that.

I have suspicion that he did not go through the same process as the little people.
    "I made a YUUUUUGE deal!"
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

What a non-progressive mentality. Just because you see a lot of smoke, you think there might be a fire. If you were a proper progressive, instead of a Neanderthal ex-cop, you would wait for the New York Times to tell you what to think about this. After all, government = doubleplusgood; guns = doubleplus bad, which means that it is very hard to figure out what to think about a government licensing system for guns, so the aid of a stiff NYT editorial is what is needed here.

And that is a tough editorial to right. I mean while guns are doubleplus bad, suppose the editor-in-chief just happens to have a gun because he needs it for protection (which would make that gun good and not doubleplus bad)? And if he just happens to have a gun he probably obtained it the same way Trump obtained it, which means that there was nothing wrong with the way Trump obtained it. And even if he doesn't have a gun he undoubtedly needs armed security some of the time, just like Bloomberg and Hillary! which is obviously at least plus good.

Anyway, we should all wait to hear from the NYT about how we should think about this. And, if for some reason we shouldn't speculate about, it never tells us how to think, we should utterly and completely ignore all of the smoke--even if we start seeing the flames.

Site Supporter
    The funny thing is that back during the Financial meltdown there was a wave of Wall Street types applying for permits. They thought the mob and Madame Defarge was heading for them. Can't take a head shot, if your head is in the basket.

True Democrat gun control. Pay the right people, and it doesn't apply to you. I have to wonder if Trump's wait time on a permit was the same as Joe Blow.

What does it matter?
    It's not like he made the rules or lied about it. If I had to pay to get a permit I'd pay. How can you fault someone for that?
    You would think the fact he has a CCW would be cause for celebration. In any other candidate it would be or as in Carson's case a non issue.
    Do Cruz's family go big game hunting? Does anyone in his family have a CCW? Does he have anything to do with guns outside of political opportunities?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...al-candidates/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-own-guns.html

Candidates guns - personally, I am not impressed by any O/U tweety bird killer activity. Nor just a 357 revolver. I want a modern (sorry revolver fans) fighting handgun that is used in training. Of course, Gabby Giffords was a Glock 19 fan. Bill Richardson was also a Glock 19 fan and seemed a touch more sincere on carry.

If Trump carries a for real gun - more power to him. An O/U shotgun or a 357 in the wife's panty draw - so what. Shooting bacon - just posturing.

I didn't know Kasich had changed his position on gun ownership. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/...al-candidates/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-own-guns.html

Candidates guns - personally, I am not impressed by any O/U tweety bird killer activity. Nor just a 357 revolver. I want a modern (sorry revolver fans) fighting handgun that is used in training. Of course, Gabby Giffords was a Glock 19 fan. Bill Richardson was also a Glock 19 fan and seemed a touch more sincere on carry.

If Trump carries a for real gun - more power to him. An O/U shotgun or a 357 in the wife's panty draw - so what. Shooting bacon - just posturing.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    What does it matter?
    It's not like he made the rules or lied about it. If I had to pay to get a permit I'd pay. How can you fault someone for that?
    You would think the fact he has a CCW would be cause for celebration. In any other candidate it would be or as in Carson's case a non issue.
    Do Cruz's family go big game hunting? Does anyone in his family have a CCW? Does he have anything to do with guns outside of political opportunities?
    The issue is he claims he is "the most Pro 2nd Amendment guy". So.....while he likely bought, or used his position for a concealed permit in a place where little people cannot get them, Ted Cruz filed the briefs and argued the case in front of SCOTUS and won for everybody to have the access only the elite do in many places. Again, the question is what has Trump done to change things for everyone......other than hiding the No Guns signs at his buildings when questioned about it.

It is not a issue for you. Trump is your guy, and that is fine. You are not a one issue voter like I am, which is guns. "Does Cruz have anything to do with guns outside political opportunities" shows you have not a clue what you are talking about. He was supporting and working on behalf of EVERYBODY's right to access and carry of firearms when nobody was looking. He has actually done more for the 2nd Amendment than any of the current candidates and likely any political candidate since the 2nd Amendment was written.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List