Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v.../2023-colorado

More photos, both interior and exterior. The lineup gets a sunroof option and I think there's a sliding rear glass in the pic of the red Trail Boss. Looks like one auxillary switch vs Ford's bank of "upfitter" switches. Underbody cameras are pretty smart. "Air down mode" shown on the screen, I'm guessing that's for computer settings and not indicative of onboard air or any sort of military-esque ability to adjust air pressure in the tires from the cab. I forget what the military called that system, but it had a 100% failure rate in my unit.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Only motor will be the 2.7L turbo 4 hooked to an 8 speed, power varies by trim level. 310hp / 430 ft-lb for the ZR2.
    It is rather amazing to me to see what has happened with production engines over the last 10 years or so. That is more power than the 5.4L made in my 2010 F150.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    It is rather amazing to me to see what has happened with production engines over the last 10 years or so. That is more power than the 5.4L made in my 2010 F150.
    And this is part of the reason why I’m possibly looking at a mid-size truck for my next vehicle. I don’t need more capability, I need less size living and working in suburban/urban areas. The fact that they have full-size truck capabilities from 12 years ago seems pretty awesome to me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    How many sports/muscle/pony cars of the past would this *midsize truck* embarass, assuming proper tires and no governor?

And the 3.0L the Ranger Raptor will have is up about 80hp over GM's offering. With a larger intercooler and a higher octane tune those power numbers jump even more, some 60hp and 120 ft-lbs on 91 octane. Ridiculous power on tap for roughly $2k in easy to do mods.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I just picked up a new tundra SR5 TRD OR. Coming from a 2009 ram 1500 ST that I bought new and put 185k on. This thing is like a spaceship in comparison when it comes to all the integrated technology. I still need to read through the owners manual but so far have managed to turn it on and off. 'm pretty stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotechnic View Post
    I just picked up a new tundra SR5 TRD OR. Coming from a 2009 ram 1500 ST that I bought new and put 185k on. This thing is like a spaceship in comparison when it comes to all the integrated technology. I still need to read through the owners manual but so far have managed to turn it on and off. 'm pretty stoked.
    Why not get another Ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why not get another Ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm planning on driving this truck for the next 10-15 years again. The Ram has been a good vehicle, but I'm banking on Toyota's reputation to make it that length of time with fewer issues vs buying a new Ram. I know I went a bought a first model year so we'll see how that actually plays out for me. I think it's really hard to buy a bad truck these days. I really wanted a tundra when I bought my Ram in 2009 but they were incredibly proud of them compared to the Dodge, so that probably plays into it a bit as well.

I watched some videos with the chief tundra engineer going over the truck when it was released and have to say their marketing worked quite well on me.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    GM is throwing a lot of money on trucks to try to move some iron until 1/3.
    I wish them luck.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotechnic View Post
    I'm planning on driving this truck for the next 10-15 years again. The Ram has been a good vehicle, but I'm banking on Toyota's reputation to make it that length of time with fewer issues vs buying a new Ram. I know I went a bought a first model year so we'll see how that actually plays out for me. I think it's really hard to buy a bad truck these days. I really wanted a tundra when I bought my Ram in 2009 but they were incredibly proud of them compared to the Dodge, so that probably plays into it a bit as well.

I watched some videos with the chief tundra engineer going over the truck when it was released and have to say their marketing worked quite well on me.
    I liked the old Tundra so much I tried to buy one of the last few 2021 models built. The dealer only had a few and they had lots of people who wanted one. No Tundra for me. I couldn't swing the deal. I think the new Tundra is a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    I'd either go Raptor, or put on the big boy pants and wait for the wantitis to pass. You're talking about spending close to Raptor money anyways.

Trucks are outrageously expensive and if you're not using it as a truck your spending a lot of money on unneeded capabilities.
    I moved to driving a SUV instead of a pickup. Just bought a utility trailer for dump runs and hauling building material. I'll probably save myself 15K in 5 years and it's a more capable off road/snow vehicle. Learned that watching Off Road Recovery on YT.

User Tag List